Friedman Guitars

Achilles

Rock Star
Michael Nielson uses them a lot and Doug Rappaport's using one in that Friedman Plexi thread.
Anyone own one? Played one?

HUGE bucks, all things considered. Are they anywhere near worth it?

1716079798926.png

Last edited:
They are very good. I had a Friedman Vintage T w/P90s hard tail. All I ever had to do is change strings when I needed to.....period !
And his guitars are plekked before they leave his shop. I bought mine 2nd hand for $1,800.

This one was mine & I miss it !

1716082647171.jpeg
1716082694580.jpeg

My bad…they used to be made by Grover Jackson now those guys make em

Which is funny since their stuff is putting kits together and relic’ing them iirc.

It's confusing. Supposedly Grover's been working with Dave since 2018. That's already 6 years ago - how the heck long has Friedman been selling guitars?

Has Grover been hands on with all 3 factories or is it just his name to get legitimacy in the market?

It's confusing. Supposedly Grover's been working with Dave since 2018. That's already 6 years ago - how the heck long has Friedman been selling guitars?

Has Grover been hands on with all 3 factories or is it just his name to get legitimacy in the market?
Factories???
You mean Shabbat, GJ, and RnR Relics.

Let’s see Avi Shabatt went from repair to built in 2012 I think. Googling I just stumbled over s/n 32 so that would make sense to be prior to 2018.

I mean how hands on can anything be when the guys making them now assemble kits. Assuming it’s true which I tend to believe it likely is.

But then how is that different than Pensa-Suhr back in the day.

I mean how hands on can anything be when the guys making them now assemble kits.

If you think about it that's all Fender's pretty much ever done.
1 person cuts 1,000 necks, someone else 1,000 bodies, etc. etc.
Then the individual parts are put into stock until someone pulls a KIT/lot/batch of 250 sets to bolt together as one model or another.

Back