Fractal Talk

You're all on this planet to entertain me.
jesus GIF

FM0 would make for a great Fractal First Touchscreen experience :whistle :love:grin

As long as there’s an FC25 controller available as well that also has touchscreen control of FM0, I’m in…. That would make everyone happy, or at least two of us, for a few minutes…

D

Fractal's current UI or UX is not bad at all, just some parts of it are bad imo.
One example: moving blocks on the grid. Why should we need to engage and jump among different functions (move left, move right, etc.) just to move one block around? Even with the current hardware that could be made 4x faster and 8x more intuitive just by changing the operation to: highlight the block you want to move, hit enter (or a dedicated push-knob button) and drag it around with arrow keys or value knob, hit enter (or dedicated button) again to release it in the new position.

PS: @laxu has shared several other very good ideas to improve the current UI

Fractal's current UI or UX is not bad at all, just some parts of it are bad imo.
One example: moving blocks on the grid. Why should we need to engage and jump among different functions (move left, move right, etc.) just to move one block around? Even with the current hardware that could be made 4x faster and 8x more intuitive just by changing the operation to: highlight the block you want to move, hit enter (or a dedicated push-knob button) and drag it around with arrow keys or value knob, hit enter (or dedicated button) again to release it in the new position.
Yeah defo. Love the idea.

No, and I never said it was.

See below. First line assumes your experience was mine. Second line does refer to it being your experience, yes.

Hey, if you're happy having to press an option 2 or 3 times because it doesn't register your finger, more power to you. But that was 100% my experience when I owned one for about 5 months. I sold it because it was frustrating to use and didn't sound anywhere near as good as the Axe FX.

But you don't get to try to invalidate my experience either.

Not at all. But you repeatedly post that the QC touchscreen is crap and unresponsive as if it's fact and that all of them are like that, when really you have no experience other than with the one you owned (and same for me).

Not at all. But you repeatedly post that the QC touchscreen is crap and unresponsive as if it's fact and that all of them are like that, when really you have no experience other than with the one you owned (and same for me).
Actually, not true. Our 2nd guitarist had a QC at the same time as I did, and had the same experience. And he also owned an MPC at the time, and compared them. MPC wasn't AMAZING, but it was better than the QC.

I assume people just have different tolerances for this issue. I doubt you're making a record of every single time the screen doesn't respond to yer panty-invaders, and nor did I. But it happened often enough to be a big issue for me.

Tell you what.... spend the next week using it, and make a note of whenever you try to activate something on the screen where you had to either attempt a 2nd time, or press firmer than you naturally would, or otherwise end up having to retry it for some reason. Let me know how many times it happens, I'm curious!

Tell you what.... spend the next week using it, and make a note of whenever you try to activate something on the screen where you had to either attempt a 2nd time, or press firmer than you naturally would, or otherwise end up having to retry it for some reason.
I do think they "updated" the touch sensitivity a little bit after launch. Not sure when you had yours or if that update had been pushed out.

I usually have to retry because I miss a block or press where I don't want to. Maybe I'm just uncoordinated?

I do think they "updated" the touch sensitivity a little bit after launch. Not sure when you had yours or if that update had been pushed out.

I usually have to retry because I miss a block or press where I don't want to. Maybe I'm just uncoordinated?
I had it pretty much a month into the "proper" launch.

Actually, not true. Our 2nd guitarist had a QC at the same time as I did, and had the same experience. And he also owned an MPC at the time, and compared them. MPC wasn't AMAZING, but it was better than the QC.

So two of them three years ago means they're all like that? You're smarter than that.

Anyway, I'll drop it since this is a Fractal thread.

(But I'm going to respond with my experience every single time you state it as if it's an inarguable fact. Because I'm a loser like that. :grin )

Last edited:

I assume people just have different tolerances for this issue. I doubt you're making a record of every single time the screen doesn't respond to yer panty-invaders, and nor did I. But it happened often enough to be a big issue for me.

Tell you what.... spend the next week using it, and make a note of whenever you try to activate something on the screen where you had to either attempt a 2nd time, or press firmer than you naturally would, or otherwise end up having to retry it for some reason. Let me know how many times it happens, I'm curious!
Touchscreen responsiveness was one of my worries when I got the QC at launch, but for me the "my tap does nothing" situations were quite rare so I was ok with the performance during the month's time I owned it. This might depend on a lot of factors like the specific unit, how thick your callouses are, how large fingers you have, temperature etc.

I currently have a 2017 12.9" iPad Pro that can become unresponsive to touch sometimes and to fix that you have to literally bend the tablet just a tiny bit and that somehow restores whatever is not making proper contact there. Apparently this is a common issue on this specific model too, so it's not like the big names get it right either!

Back