Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

Ed Sheeran Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Andy starts off this vid spittin’ truths and covering the “I don’t see the point” crowd.
Watching this. I don’t agree with him that the FM3 is big. Compared to other three-button floor modelers or say, the Quad Cortex, perhaps.

But with the way I use it, which is alone on the floor with an expression pedal, and no additional pedals or pedalboard, it’s perfect. And the switches are not cramped together like many other floor modelers.

Watching this. I don’t agree with him that the FM3 is big. Compared to other three-button floor modelers or say, the Quad Cortex, perhaps.

But with the way I use it, which is alone on the floor with an expression pedal, and no additional pedals or pedalboard, it’s perfect. And the switches are not cramped together like many other floor modelers.
Can't make butter with a toothpick, honey...

You’re just wrong. It’s flippin’ enormous. It’s fine to like it, but don’t kid yourself on the size of the damn thing for what it is.

Oh My God Wow GIF by Rosanna Pansino

You’re just wrong. It’s flippin’ enormous. It’s fine to like it, but don’t kid yourself on the size of the damn thing for what it is.
How can I be wrong if it’s my own opinion? You saying it’s enormous is YOUR opinion.

Is it big for what it is? Perhaps, but I also think modelers like the Quad Cortex are too compact, leaving the footswitches too close together. I often wear boots and the spacing on the FM3 is perfect for me.

How can I be wrong if it’s my own opinion? You saying it’s enormous is YOUR opinion.

Is it big for what it is? Perhaps, but I also think modelers like the Quad Cortex are too compact, leaving the footswitches too close together. I often wear boots and the spacing on the FM3 is perfect for me.
The quad cortex is the absolute perfect sized modeler IMO.

It’s not an opinion as much as it is an objective measurement. Measure it, measure any other similar pedal, compare the numbers. See, objective…

D

‘Small’ isn’t a number. It’s subjective. It’s an opinion.

BS “X% bigger than similar units” - if I really need to spell it out for the internet keyboard warriors, there’s your objective measurement.

Here’s a subjective opinion for you: the FM3 is comically large.

Here’s another one- I think the VP4 is in the Goldilocks zone.

D

Back