Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

200.gif

really happy for you man, enjoy that little box of awesomeness!

Really digging the tones Frank is with the IR-X in this video:

The Fractal FX ecosystems has always been amazing, only getting better and better over the years. Its nice that this new offering is priced very competitive, compared to just a few pedals that can do 10% of what the VP4 offers its actually a steal!

From what has been said from Fractal, this unit will evolve significantly in the next few years software wise integrating things users are asking for.

Now, 4 blocks only? well let me see.... I have this pedals, Strymon VOLANTE that I love, Source Audio Ventris, Nemesis, Gemini and L.A Lady. Lets take only the SourceAudio ones because they have presets and I control them all via MIDI with the SA Neura HUB. Total cost of those 4 pedals and the NeuroHUB sums up to: $1,255.00. This pedals sound great, but the Fractal ones smokes them out of the water.

45048923302_784f5231e9_o.jpg

I’m doing gear math to put the VP4 on my IR-X pedalboard, but that damn IR-J release has me feeling all confused. Anybody else planning on pairing the VP4 with one of those?

Every product launch gets raked over the coals. I wouldn’t come to a forum for passive engagement. :ROFLMAO:

Unless you’re confused by the existence of effects pedals, or are one of the Hx BoyzTM

giphy.gif

…this couldn’t be simpler to grasp:
  1. What is it?
    1. An effects pedal silly!
  2. Who would use it?
    1. People that use effects pedals, darling!

Ship’em Cliff!!

You clearly love this HX narrative but you're missing something, imho.

When you put on the market a floor multi FX unit you compete with all of them not only the ones you think you're competing with.

And while we might agree that the VP4 is aiming to the strymon,, eventide & crowed the everyone-else-crowd doesn't disappear.

Therefore, when a player form the everyone-else-crowd look for a floor multi FX unit compare the VP4 with the hxfx he might prefer the latter because costs less and offer more (from his needs).

Some players just need tools that makes gigging easy.

With love,
HotRats.

You clearly love this HX narrative but you're missing something, imho.

When you put on the market a floor multi FX unit you compete with all of them not only the ones you think you're competing with.

And while we might agree that the VP4 is aiming to the strymon,, eventide & crowed the everyone-else-crowd doesn't disappear.

Therefore, when a player form the everyone-else-crowd look for a floor multi FX unit compare the VP4 with the hxfx he might prefer the latter because costs less and offer more (from his needs).

Some players just need tools that makes gigging easy.

With love,
HotRats.
Sean Flanagan Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Back