Fractal Audio Systems VP4 - Virtual Pedalboard

People have been saying the Fractal forum is turning into TOP.
But this place is headed there at a brisk pace as well. Not as far as ownership or mods. But as membership grows the community disconnect grows,

I checked in on this thread today with several new pages to check out and made it about 5 posts.
We know what the product is.
We know Fractals vision for what it is and what it isn't.
50% of the posts are bitching that they want this or that that it was not designed for.
30% of the posts are people endlessly trying to help them understand reality.
10% of the posts are legitimate feature requests that are based on things that seem possible.
10% of the posts are about the many cool things that the VP4 can do.

Just like the other place.

But this place is headed there at a brisk pace as well. Not as far as ownership or mods. But as membership grows the community disconnect grows,
Hard disagree

Find me a forum or group that doesn't complain. I'll wait

And it's also ironic you are adding to this by adding to

50% of the posts are bitching that they want this or that that it was not designed for.

Except instead of the VP4 it's TGF

Last edited:

I checked in on this thread today with several new pages to check out and made it about 5 posts.
10% of the posts are legitimate feature requests that are based on things that seem possible.

You could always just block Sascha and Laxu :ROFLMAO:

And 73.6% of statistics are made up.

It's really all in how you ask and how you respond to the answers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ AxeFx Native would be great. If Cliff doesn't want to do it; that kind kills the idea dead in it's tracks. No matter how many thumbs down/turd react/sad faces you want to give the guy :ROFLMAO:
Who wouldn't love Axe Native. As much as I'd want it I'd never harass Cliff about it?! Making silly statements on a forum about it is in good fun though.
One can dream?

Digital interfaces make it feel like work to adjust parameter settings.

Sure. It's in the nature of things. And yet, it should be tried to make that experience as little cumbersome as possible. And IMO the VP4 is leaving out at least some options of doing so (see discussion above). Fortunately, some things could be adressed. We'll see if that will happen.
And fwiw, there's companies doing way worse.
But as FAS is at the top of the modeling and FX business, IMO it'd only be a great idea for them to also reach for the best UI experience.

You could always just block Sascha and Laxu :ROFLMAO:

Very obviously, that's a pretty decent option, too.

Sure. It's in the nature of things. And yet, it should be tried to make that experience as little cumbersome as possible. And IMO the VP4 is leaving out at least some options of doing so (see discussion above). Fortunately, some things could be adressed. We'll see if that will happen.
And fwiw, there's companies doing way worse.
But as FAS is at the top of the modeling and FX business, IMO it'd only be a great idea for them to also reach for the best UI experience.

Very obviously, that's a pretty decent option, too.
I actually didn't mean it in a mean way :bag You both like to drill down and for the type of person that recoils at any sort of naysay; some of the suggestion box posts can be a tough read :nails

.01% of the posts complaining about other posts.

Who wouldn't love Axe Native. As much as I'd want it I'd never harass Cliff about it?! Making silly statements on a forum about it is in good fun though.
One can dream?

Fwiw, while I have no idea about the potential loss of Line 6 (the only company offering their full modeling efforts in both HW and SW incarnations), I think it's fairly safe to say that a much smaller company such as FAS would suffer a whole lot more from piracy than Yamaha/L6.
Add to this that (at least IMO) FAS products with all their detailed nuances are unleashing their full potential in a recording context, so owning the hardware might not be all that important for many folks as live playing wouldn't be their primary concern.
And while I'm not sure about the sales figures in L6 land, at least for me it's sort of the opposite, I absolutely love being able to prepare my live sounds via the plugin - and while I also like the plugin quite a bit, in case I didn't own their hardware, I likely wouldn't buy just the plugin.

I actually didn't mean it in a mean way

I know...

You both like to drill down and for the type of person that recoils at any sort of naysay; some of the suggestion box posts can be a tough read

Sure. Absolutely aware of it. But then, there actually *is* the ignore function. And my world defenitely isn't turning into a mess just because people are actually making use of it.

.01% of the posts complaining about other posts.
All by me I'm sure!
Animated GIF

Back