What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
That’s a good point, but the existing on device UI for the Fractal stuff is completely usable, esp if you have had one for years and have taken just a little time with it;

Ah, yes - sorry. My critiques of Fractal's UI apart, there's absolutely nothing you can't do from the front panel.

6e71436e57e59e2fc4e3480f0e65996c.png

:grin

IIRC, block libraries don't exist on-device. I see those more akin to a copy-paste feature exclusive to the editor than anything else.
Exactly, but that's just restatement of the problem. First world "problem" to be sure.

:farley

Dump the “Legacy” cab section (and offer them as a free download) or a large number of the 1,000,000,000,000 cabs to free up space and make it happen FAS!
I doubt it's even a question of finding sufficient space. More a question of finding the motivation (versus taking on other improvements that are possibly legitimately more exciting.)

Am I crazy in thinking I'd be happier with an FM9 precisely because I can just quickly bend down instead of having to be at a rack???

GAS will find any way to justify itself I guess.

Challenge for the Fractal experts: how quickly can you dial in a foot switch layout with multiple scenes, a tap tempo tuner, and per preset effect switches all from the unit?

Big difference between being able to do everything and how quickly you can set it all up.

Challenge for the Fractal experts: how quickly can you dial in a foot switch layout with multiple scenes, a tap tempo tuner, and per preset effect switches all from the unit?

Big difference between being able to do everything and how quickly you can set it all up.
Helix is infinitely quicker for this kind of thing, 100% it is.

But with Fractal, if you adjust yourself to their auto-layouts, and learn to move around them quickly by tapping the two switches on the right, then you can very quickly jump between a lot of different setups that are automatically laid out for you.

It is a very different way of working.

Or, how quickly could you do something on the unit that you would never do on the unit to begin with, since that is the type of activity where the editor is the correct tool for the job?

Me? Not quickly at all. I'd probably give up halfway through. But I also wouldn't try setting up something elaborate like that away from my laptop and the editor....even if I had another unit.

Me? Not quickly at all. I'd probably give up halfway through. But I also wouldn't try setting up something elaborate like that away from my laptop and the editor....even if I had another unit.

Precisely. I tweak stuff fairly regularly at rehearsals as far as adjusting basic things like delay or reverb mix, maybe adjusting the basic tone controls, but all the deep editing type of stuff is done at home, on my time, while sitting at my desk with the editor.

Or, how quickly could you do something on the unit that you would never do on the unit to begin with, since that is the type of activity where the editor is the correct tool for the job?
Why would you never do it on the unit??? If it’s possible you can absolutely want to do it with the unit…

The edit apps are really great, the idea is to have the same on a unit screens.

But I dont want to have to pay more money for a big screen on product as we are in 2024 and everything can be done on a phone or tablet app.

Back