What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
I included Fractal to make a general point.
- Black background - makes sense for the eyes
- Fundamental colors so they pop
- Shaped icons to represent an amp/effect/cab/ etc.
- Lines to represent shunts.
- An INPUT and an OUTPUT
Any company on the planet would organically come up with a dark background, some use of color, graphic elements representing amps and pedals, some type of lines to represent connecting them, and input/outputs.

Design is not the things, it's how you implement those things...

...and when there are 1000 legit, equally elegant, equally easy-to-grok methods of or approaches to designing/implementing various elements/features, happening to choose method #797 for element A, #922 for element B, #208 for element C, #644 for element D, #101 for element E, #555 for element F, and #434 for element G years after someone else already chose #797 for element A, #922 for element B, #208 for element C, #644 for element D, #101 for element E, #555 for element F, and #434 for element G is... fine I suppose, as long as you're not incessantly claiming design innovation.

I hope it wouldn’t sound like a FlyRig!
Kotzen is using one on all his gigs to boost his amp and his tone is pure joy so… why not.
I just want to know why the signal flow direction with modelers is completely backwards (left to right) from the signal flow of pedal boards (right to left). :idk
I’m left handed and that’s the only thing in the right place and order for me.
Please don’t touch that.

Left handed playing had give me enough dyslexia through the years 🤣

...and when there are 1000 legit, equally elegant, equally easy-to-grok methods of or approaches to designing/implementing various elements/features, happening to choose method #797 for element A, #922 for element B, #208 for element C, #644 for element D, #101 for element E, #555 for element F, and #434 for element G years after someone else already chose #797 for element A, #922 for element B, #208 for element C, #644 for element D, #101 for element E, #555 for element F, and #434 for element G is... fine I suppose, as long as you're not incessantly claiming design innovation.

I imagine this is how Fender felt when they saw the first guitar body that copied the stratocaster note note.
If there had been forums back then.... can you even imagine?

Now there's many dozens of direct competitors shamelessly producing S-style guitars and no one has batted
an eye for decades.

After the success of Line 6, and then their direct competitors with similar GUIs, it's pretty easy to imagine that any new
digital guitar device with a touchscreen introduced by anyone would have another take-off on the Line-6 template.

I simply don't see those who on one hand want to point to the obvious derivative nature of all of this stuff and then
on the other hold it up as something so much worse when it happens to be a product/company they dislike.

ymmv

After the success of Line 6, and then their direct competitors with similar GUIs, it's pretty easy to imagine that any new digital guitar device with a touchscreen introduced by anyone would have another take-off on the Line-6 template.
Not at all. I might not consider Fender's take on GUI or navigation or (most) implementation of features a copy of Helix. Same with BOSS, Zoom, or Hotone. Headrush has begun to divert and do their own thing as well. There are absolutely, positively ways to choose different solutions from every list of 1000 possible solutions, touchscreen or otherwise. Hell, we'll come up with a dozen or more different solutions before landing on one.

Last edited:
Not at all. I might not consider Fender's take on GUI or navigation or (most) implementation of features a copy of Helix. Same with BOSS, Zoom, or Hotone. Headrush has begun to divert and do their own thing as well. There are absolutely, positively ways to choose different solutions from every list of 1000 possible solutions, touchscreen or otherwise. Hell, we'll come up with a dozen or more different solutions before landing on one.
Since you can't "really" say it, I'll say it. NDSP has some good products, but have repeatedly shown themselves to be shady as fuck.
I can't afford to have a lot of redundant gear like a lot of folks here, and I have a FM9. But you and L6 have consistently shown yourselves as being honest, dedicated, and make really great gear.

Any company on the planet would organically come up with a dark background, some use of color, graphic elements representing amps and pedals, some type of lines to represent connecting them, and input/outputs.

Design is not the things, it's how you implement those things...

does anyone who works for line6 prefer other units and uses them specifically? sure they may own a bunch of diff brands because they can but do any line6 people choose other units over line6 modelers? i wonder.

To be honest, I do not want or care to ever have a touch screen.

Also, I'm not sure there's ever going to be an "Axe Fx for the average guitarist", and I definitely don't want one for myself.

That's like a "Lamborghini for the average driver"... ;)
The Axe FX Rack will fulfill all those needs.

We need a @Digital Igloo anger translator! :)

does anyone who works for line6 prefer other units and uses them specifically? sure they may own a bunch of diff brands because they can but do any line6 people choose other units over line6 modelers? i wonder.
he actually answered this is a recent pod cast , if he could not choose LIne6 or didn't work for them, (and can obviously see behind the curtain )
he would pick the AXE FX3

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Doesn’t this have more to do with the location of the output jack on a right handed guitar than the direction of text?

Snaaaaaaap, I never considered that but had the same question @norminal did, but in reverse, why are pedals always going from left to right? I feel like this should have been very obvious to me. :ROFLMAO:

While poking around the financial pages I stumbled onto this:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231009624820/en/

Looks like Yamaha Corp is having some success against the copycats

Edit: Didn't realized it was old news from last year. Maybe this has been discussed already here or elsewhere.

Back