What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
But I've been asked "Hey, is that a Quad Cortex shirt?" on three separate occasions by three different strangers.
I mean, it could be worse. They could’ve mistaken your product for a butt plug.

IMG_3683.jpeg

😉

I've never had someone walk up to me while I'm wearing my Helix signal flow shirt and asked "Hey is that a Fractal shirt?" But I've been asked "Hey, is that a Quad Cortex shirt?" on three separate occasions by three different strangers.

I included Fractal to make a general point.
- Black background - makes sense for the eyes
- Fundamental colors so they pop
- Shaped icons to represent an amp/effect/cab/ etc.
- Lines to represent shunts.
- An INPUT and an OUTPUT

After that we get down to 'how much corner radius do they use on their squares' type of stuff which is pretty ridiculous to make arguments about - even though there's plenty that have been had!

At the basic level they are all (by necessity) flow charts.

Maybe Fractal's putting off a true GUI cause no matter what they did the sling with arrows would come out as to what's derivative of what.
Unless of course they destroy all previous paradigms......

200.gif
200.gif

I included Fractal to make a general point.
- Black background - makes sense for the eyes
- Fundamental colors so they pop
- Shaped icons to represent an amp/effect/cab/ etc.
- Lines to represent shunts.
- An INPUT and an OUTPUT
Wouldn't it be awesome if every UI was completely different from every other one, so that when we switch devices, it is like learning an entirely different, completely alien, system; where none of our existing experience translates? And then, we have to pore over the manual for several weeks just to get any kind of traction as a user; but in the end, we all feel much more emotionally satisfied because we're no longer deeply concerned someone may have cribbed a good idea and propagated it?

That would rule.

Wouldn't it be awesome if every UI was completely different from every other one, so that when we switch devices, it is like learning an entirely different, completely alien, system; where none of our existing experience translates? And then, we have to pore over the manual for several weeks just to get any kind of traction as a user; but in the end, we all feel much more emotionally satisfied because we're no longer deeply concerned someone may have cribbed a good idea and propagated it?

That would rule.
My favorite is with video game controllers that mostly have all the same buttons but in different places just for the sake of being different 🤣

But don’t the input and output jacks on modelers still usually still go right to left?

Doesn’t this have more to do with the location of the output jack on a right handed guitar than the direction of text?

I just want to know why the signal flow direction with modelers is completely backwards (left to right) from the signal flow of pedal boards (right to left). :idk
Best guess.

The first modelers came from the USA where we read left to right.
First pedals came from Japan where they read top to bottom and then right to left.

And zoom has right->left in their Multistomp pedals, wich kinda makes sense. But they also include the option to change to left->right…
That was kinda hard to write even :bonk

That would rule.
This!
Take cars, making it hard for folks to change cars would be stupid, or make it hard for the Helix user to go with Quad Cortex. This would also be stupid.
I will say that the UI menu in the QC is not the same.
When I had a Axe Fx Ultra and Axe Fx II it was `hard` to get used to the UI, I had to menu dive a lot to get to things. One week Cliff made this an option, and the later on he took it away, and made a new option, then 2 more, and then took some away, and new things got last in the menu UI and some moved from AMP block to Cab, so it was a lot of here, there. were??
What, Ok.... It sounded good all the time.
I remember there were a guy that worked at FAS, and I think he quit couse he got tired of making changes all the time, It was some time ago.
I hope the next gen Axe Fx is a lot better and easy to use on the unit. Not `needing` a Edit program but it is also nice to have

Back