What is it not it is? Is it?

• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• Prosthetic "tone fingers"

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did Cliff already say that it’s not a product that already exists? In that case, I really can’t see it being a new load box.

Meh, I hope it's not that
+1
With the current state of the amp modeling, using a real amp to drive a load-box is a kind of extravaganza

:farley
journey of allen strange nicksplat GIF

+1
With the current state of the amp modeling, using a real amp to drive a load-box is a kind of extravaganza

:farley
journey of allen strange nicksplat GIF
Yeah. I know it’s not everyone’s opinion, but having used several tube amps into several different load boxes, then into a DAW, it’s a bit of a Rube Goldberg machine. And IMO it’s not really discernible from a good modeler, when the amp model is like for like.

Fractal's closest competitor is Line 6, and I think Line 6 really did a great job diversifying their Helix line. There are so many options from the HX one to the HX effects, from the little mini Helix plastic pedals up to the $1800 Helix and Helix Rack, with several models in between.

I'd think it would be something akin to one of the Line 6 products, but with Fractal's incredible sounds and effects.

My wishlist is still an LB2 with onboard Dynacabs or a 1U 4CM-capable multi-FX unit, but my wants and needs are fairly niche for sure.

Why do so many people seem to think this new product will be something intended to "keep up with the competition"?

I've been using Fractal exclusively for 10+ years and I'm very active on their forum.

I don't recall a single instance where Cliff seemed to care one iota about doing something because a competitor did something similar.

They are innovators, not followers...

Similarly, to the "it will sell like hotcakes" crowd: I think if Cliff was mostly interested in just making money, he would have done it already... He's seems to be doing this out of passion and I am very thankful for that.

Why do so many people seem to think this new product will be something intended to "keep up with the competition"?

I've been using Fractal exclusively for 10+ years and I'm very active on their forum.

I don't recall a single instance where Cliff seemed to care one iota about doing something because a competitor did something similar.

Similarly, to the "it will sell like hotcakes" crowd: I think if Cliff was mostly interested in just making money, he would have done it already... He's seems to be doing this out of passion and I am very thankful for that.
I think we are just excited? I don’t think anyone means it in a negative way. People see fractal as the cream of the crop and would love to see their, for example, Iridium “fractalized” (=optimized) to their needs. At least that’s how I see it. It’s not some shot at fractals innovativeness. If they innovate and create something that we didn’t know we wanted, then the better! I can’t wait to see what this thing will be. I’m F5ing this thread like a kid on Christmas.

Fractal's closest competitor is Line 6, and I think Line 6 really did a great job diversifying their Helix line. There are so many options from the HX one to the HX effects, from the little mini Helix plastic pedals up to the $1800 Helix and Helix Rack, with several models in between.

I'd think it would be something akin to one of the Line 6 products, but with Fractal's incredible sounds and effects.

Fractal are in no position to even remotely compete with a line of products from L6 / Yamaha ..... relatively speaking they are a minow compared to L6 .... not a criticism .... just reality.

^^ I'm inclined to agree.

I also cant imagine a LB with Dynacabs ..... its a super niche product that just wouldn't justify the investment given f&ck all people would want one, let alone buy one.

But then again .... w.t.a.f do I know ! :)

Ben

Fractal are in no position to even remotely compete with a line of products from L6 / Yamaha ..... relatively speaking they are a minow compared to L6 .... not a criticism .... just reality.

^^ I'm inclined to agree.

I also cant imagine a LB with Dynacabs ..... its a super niche product that just wouldn't justify the investment given f&ck all people would want one, let alone buy one.

But then again .... w.t.a.f do I know ! :)

Ben
Have they (Fractal) never said or disclosed any kind of posts or talk about the “medium” priced or advanced beginner segment? If not, I understand. But imo it’s time…

I totally agree here.

We love to speculate and that’s normal but since I’m in fractal world (not so long) I’ve never seen cliff trying to catch up with others companies.
I’m sure he absolutely doesn’t give a fuck about being competitive with line6 or Kemper.
That’s not at all what’s driving him.

That’s also why we love to speculate about a new product because it can be absolutely everything lol.

I totally agree here.

We love to speculate and that’s normal but since I’m in fractal world (not so long) I’ve never seen cliff trying to catch up with others companies.
I’m sure he absolutely doesn’t give a fuck about being competitive with line6 or Kemper.
That’s not at all what’s driving him.

That’s also why we love to speculate about a new product because it can be absolutely everything lol.
When the Kemper came out, Cliff got the Tone Match block, that was an awnser. And when the Quad Cortex came out, he re-did all the amps, pumping out FW`s, I now did these amps, and now these amps... look at all these amps
He also said he got something even better brewing, but we never got to see it ( or maybe he ment the new FW in the Axe Fx at the time) He is a really good guy for making the Axe Fx models better all the time.
He also likes to talk down on new products.

When the Kemper came out, Cliff got the Tone Match block, that was an awnser. And when the Quad Cortex came out, he re-did all the amps, pumping out FW`s, I now did these amps, and now these amps... look at all these amps
He also said he got something even better brewing, but we never got to see it ( or maybe he ment the new FW in the Axe Fx at the time) He is a really good guy for making the Axe Fx models better all the time.
He also likes to talk down on new products.
Don't forget spring reverb overhaul and spillover with the advent of the TMP

I’m not sure Cliff is chasing other companies as much as chasing his own vision. I still feel like this is most likely a product that would be helpful for touring musicians on fly dates like a more compact modeler.

Back