• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had a guy on either the Helix or Fractal Facebook groups, can't remember which, who insisted that nobody would be able to tell the difference between a 100% wet "supernatural-esque" reverb, and a spring reverb, and a typical hall reverb, in a live environment.

You can't fight these people. They've been bodysnatched!!!

But using an IR to replicate a Lexicon?? Nah... give me the algorithm and make it proper.
These days for sure. But in 2005 on a dual 450 Power Mac G4 using AltiVerb with some well made Lex 960 plates was a huge step up for what you could do "in the box. I don't miss freezing tracks to audio, and having to re-do them as the mix evolved. But it was a lot better than not being able to do shit in real time.

These days for sure. But in 2005 on a dual 450 Power Mac G4 using AltiVerb with some well made Lex 960 plates was a huge step up for what you could do "in the box. I don't miss freezing tracks to audio, and having to re-do them as the mix evolved. But it was a lot better than not being able to do shit in real time.
I only left school in the year 2000.

<ducks>

I only left school in the year 2000.

<ducks>
Cry About It Captain Kirk GIF

Sincerely,
Class of '83....

who insisted that nobody would be able to tell the difference between a 100% wet "supernatural-esque" reverb, and a spring reverb, and a typical hall reverb, in a live environment.
I don't think anyone would know there's a difference because they're not presented with a comparison in a live environment.

I don't think anyone would know there's a difference because they're not presented with a comparison in a live environment.
They are if you use all three sounds in the entire set. That was the central point of the discussion; I wanted more scenes to represent all the different sounds I used on an album, and this guy was insisting I didn't need to recreate the album sounds coz no one would care.

They are if you use all three sounds in the entire set. That was the central point of the discussion; I wanted more scenes to represent all the different sounds I used on an album, and this guy was insisting I didn't need to recreate the album sounds coz no one would care.
Oh i see, well that makes sense. I meant a direct, back-to-back comparison in the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back