• None of the above

• Electric sex pants

• Unsliced Bread

• JiveTurkey's resolve to "innovate" with audio signal routing

• Lab grown "safe & guilt-free" toe meat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the old shit I own is pretty much the simplest in face interface you can ever have with a tonne of real knobs to do Everything

1000067336.jpg

What kinds of delay and reverb limitations do you think there will be? Or do we not care about that anymore?

The gui needs a revamp for sure to bring it to 2025

Yeah we totally need a "modern" interface, which means knockoff imitation looking jpeg bloat of the amps and effects being modeled that will baloon each firmware to 10 times the size it is now for basically no benefit, a touch screen interface that's going to get smudged up and which means you can only have a fraction of the info on the screen at a time relative to a standard screen, and bluetooth connectivity with a badly designed app attached to your phone with some controls only available via the app which by the way loses connectivity every other time you try to make an adjustment... and both the bluetooth app and any hardware it might run on will become depreciated LONG before the depreciation or breakdown of the main product.

Please keep every bit of that nonsense away from Fractal's stuff, thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah we totally need a "modern" interface, which means knockoff imitation looking jpeg bloat of the amps and effects being modeled that will baloon each firmware to 10 times the size it is now for basically no benefit, a touch screen interface that's going to get smudged up and which means you can only have a fraction of the info on the screen at a time relative to a standard screen, and bluetooth connectivity with a badly designed app attached to your phone with some controls only available via the app which by the way loses connectivity every other time you try to make an adjustment... and both the bluetooth app and any hardware it might run on will become depreciated LONG before the depreciation or breakdown of the main product.

I mean.... I'd settle for not having to fuck about with shunts like a prole, tbh!

I mean.... I'd settle for not having to fuck about with shunts like a prole, tbh!

lol, I wouldn't. I like the flexibility. I've been able to do some really cool stuff with the right shunt and block placement. I made a thread on the Fractal forums showing how to make an idealized W/D/W patch, which is basically impossible to do on any other modeler. All effects run into each other like a standard pedalboard, so like your delay trails are processed by the reverb block, etc, easy ability to mix wet signal into the dry cab and dry signal into the wet cab, global effects volume (mix) control, all kinds of stuff. Here's the layout:

FFuNXRj.png

You couldn't even begin to do that on pretty much any other modeler or multi-fx unit and it would be a logistical nightmare to do something like that with analog gear, and that's specifically because you've got the freedom to put whatever you want on the grid wherever you want it.

Last edited:
lol, I wouldn't. I like the flexibility. I've been able to do some really cool stuff with the right shunt and block placement. I made a thread on the Fractal forums showing an idealized W/D/W patch I made, which would have been impossible on any other modeler. Here's the layout:

FFuNXRj.png

You couldn't even begin to do that on pretty much any other modeler, and that's specifically because of the patch flexibility that comes from shunts and the ability to place whatever you want on the grid wherever you want it.
Yeah, I'm not looking for that kind of thing from this product tbh.

Are these my only two options?

Still, there's a lot to be said for the freedom to build out your signal chain however you want.
Yeah but on the Axe3 using hardware only, putting together your layout takes bloody aggggeeeessssss. For something that sits on a pedalboard with a QC or HX Stomp, along with a few other pedals and a valve amplifier - potentially in 4-cable-method - I just don't think many people are looking for that kind of depth or complexity.

One parallel path would do most people. Like the original FX8.

1727889618074.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back