Found my next amp. Not quite $4k!

I was playing Anesthetize the other night, can't remember what preset or amp model, but I got to this part, and I was like Holy Sh!t! It sounded exactly like Steven Wilson's tone. (Wish I had saved/named the preset, as that's how I love to match a tone to a song- by accident.)

It's about time for my annual "Do I like Porcupine Tree yet?" listening party. Been trying for about 10 years now. :rofl

It's about time for my annual "Do I like Porcupine Tree yet?" listening party. Been trying for about 10 years now. :rofl
The Incident is the only album of their's I've put any listening time into. There's some great stuff in there, although I've not been pulled into listening to other albums. I guess I just prefer 70's prog.:idk

I'd rather listen to Opeth and Mastodon has entered the chat
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Like Drew I really tried to like Porcupine Tree, but they have a certain smugness that I've always found off-putting. Their music just doesn‘t sound very heartfelt and thrilling to me. And the term „Progressive“… compared to modern Pop music even 70‘s Disco could be described as sophisticated or „progressive“.

@DrewJD82, it's like I used to say to band members, when deciding songs to play- You have a circle with Mastodon, Vai, DT, PF in it, mine has PF, DT, PT, Muse... Our circles overlap on some, but not on Mastodon and PT. That's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors.

And as far as PT goes, I like select songs. That new album though, meh.

I used to like and listen to Porcupine Tree and now (being older and less inexperienced) when I listen to them it makes me cringe so much.

So many other bands I’d rather listen to instead who write better songs, play more interesting and clever parts, write better lyrics and have some kind of edge to them

Like Drew I really tried to like Porcupine Tree, but they have a certain smugness that I've always found off-putting. Their music just doesn‘t sound very heartfelt and thrilling to me. And the term „Progressive“… compared to modern Pop music even 70‘s Disco could be described as sophisticated or „progressive“.
Have you listened to Blackfield?

Back