Found my next amp. Not quite $4k!

He should have contacted Wampler and JHS to ask them how well their overpriced "pedal platform" amps
were selling. :crazy

Get a mother f*****g Deluxe Reverb Reissue already and be done with it!

The JHS Milkman, yes... overpriced.

But the Wampler Bravado? $2100 doesn't seem too badly priced to me for an (admittedly simple) handwired combo amp in the current market. We are talking comparables here. Discussion concerning whether the entire market is overpriced is another topic.

40w, 6L6, FX loop by Friedman, Switchable output impedance, custom transformers, Creamback G12M-65. Cabinetry looks on point.

Fully agree that a DRRI is more affordable of course and hard to go wrong with that (once you've clipped the bright cap).

Last edited:
The JHS Milkman, yes... overpriced.

But the Wampler Bravodo? $2100 doesn't seem too badly priced to me for an (admittedly simple) handwired combo amp in the current market. We are talking comparables here. Discussion concerning whether the entire market is overpriced is another topic.

40w, 6L6, FX loop by Friedman, Switchable output impedance, Creamback G12M-65. Cabinetry looks on point.

Fully agree that a DRRI is more affordable of course and hard to go wrong with that (once you've clipped the bright cap).
Yeah, the Bravado is quite fair. It’s basically a clean platform Friedman.

ill wait for the Dentist Deluxe
:rofl

OMFG the name only just caught my attention.

4c2511212dd9ebb7ffdda2cf4004884974ed57ed.gif

I can't stop going back for further scrutiny.

There are gut shots from 2 different amps on that product page. So who knows which one you're going to get?

Also, that strap is cheap as hell, will be painful to carry too. Can't believe they didn't put a thick leather style padded strap on it, like my Bella which is half the price of this. Cabinet could be made by anyone I suppose, but the grill and piping looks exactly like the Eminence 2x10 cab I used to have.

Hammond trannys make sense, because made locally in Canadal those are decent enough.
Even the corner caps look tacky. $4K?? Because in someone's estimation I might instead have spent $100K?

"Think of the money you'll save!"

Can someone give me the cliff notes on the Vertex drama, I think it predates me getting back into the gear game.

Can someone give me the cliff notes on the Vertex drama, I think it predates me getting back into the gear game.
I feel like there’s no cliff notes possible cus there’s like so much to cover, you start digging in on this and it just goes deeper and deeper… but Vertex is a scummy company that has a history of massively lying to folks. Owner Mason cheated other guitar businesses, sold a dressed up BBE wah as his own and marked it up 3x, lied about how his boost pedal works, etc. He had no background in electronics yet pretended he had one, he's a marketing guy who makes pretty pedals and creates business relationships with artists. He’s “apologized for it all” but then changes up the story and severity in different interviews, it’s like he can’t help himself.

2014 was a great year for The Gearpage. :beer

Back