Found my next amp. Not quite $4k!

Vertex likes to make it all about the wah pedal debacle, “10yrs ago I did a stupid thing with a wah, but everyone’s been reimbursed, there’s even a page on our website about it.”

Here’s how Vertex started.

Mason has a dream to make it into the guitar business, rub shoulders with the guitar giants, maybe John Mayer one day—he really like John Mayer. He sees pedalboards and thinks, “I can do that!” He asks a bunch of questions to the RackDoctor at LA Sound Design, orders a pedalboard from him, takes pictures of it, and puts it on the front page of his new Vertex website. “I do pedalboards, I studied EE at Berkeley!” he tells everyone.

Mason somehow gets in touch with Joe Bonamassa. “I’ll do your pedalboard Mr. Bonamassa, oh please Mr. Bonamassa you blues John Mayer!” This is Mason’s great gift, to get in with the artists somehow. Joe Bonamassa gets hit with a $2k bill and receives a tonesuck, ground hum mess of a pedalboard which gets sent to Friedman for a fix up. Mason uploads Bonamassa rig videos and puts him on the Vertex website as a happy customer without permission.

Now that his pedalboard business is successfully underway, he looks at pedal modders and thinks, “I can do that!” Except again he can’t, so he mods passive volume pedals by replacing perfectly fine wires inside and gooping them. He has multiple such mods and charges hundreds of dollars for the applied goop and Vertex stickers. People really buy into the “transparent volume” thing, which he takes note—he will use this selling point to hook another big name in the future, Robben Ford.

And so on… then the wah debacle… rebranded cables debacle… then the false advertised various clone pedals… then hook David Ryan Harris, a John Mayer sideman, a little closer now… then stealing the RackDoctor moniker to call himself the Rig Doctor on YouTube to demo stupid and dangerous amp mods… now selling amps…

The sheer force of will and the sales ability is quite something. Ain’t this a great country, truly a land of opportunity.

Vertex likes to make it all about the wah pedal debacle, “10yrs ago I did a stupid thing with a wah, but everyone’s been reimbursed, there’s even a page on our website about it.”

Mason has a dream to make it into the guitar business, rub shoulders with the guitar giants, maybe John Mayer one day—he really like John Mayer. He sees pedalboards and thinks, “I can do that!” He asks a bunch of questions to the RackDoctor at LA Sound Design, orders a pedalboard from him, takes pictures of it, and puts it on the front page of his new Vertex website. “I do pedalboards, I studied EE at Berkeley!” he tells everyone.

Mason somehow gets in touch with Joe Bonamassa. “I’ll do your pedalboard Mr. Bonamassa, oh please Mr. Bonamassa you blues John Mayer!” This is Mason’s great gift, to get in with the artists somehow. Joe Bonamassa gets hit with a $2k bill and receives a tonesuck, ground hum mess of a pedalboard which gets sent to Friedman for a fix up. Mason uploads Bonamassa rig videos and puts him on the Vertex website as a happy customer without permission.

Now that his pedalboard business is successfully underway, he looks at pedal modders and thinks, “I can do that!” Except again he can’t, so he mods passive volume pedals by replacing perfectly fine wires inside and gooping them. He has multiple such mods and charges hundreds of dollars for the applied goop and Vertex stickers. People really buy into the “transparent volume” thing, which he takes note—he will use this selling point to hook another big name in the future, Robben Ford.

And so on… then the wah debacle… rebranded cables debacle… then the false advertised various clone pedals… then hook David Ryan Harris, a John Mayer sideman, a little closer now… then stealing the RackDoctor moniker to call himself the Rig Doctor on YouTube to demo stupid and dangerous amp mods… now selling amps…

The sheer force of will and the sales ability is quite something. Ain’t this a great country, truly a land of opportunity.

He should have contacted Wampler and JHS to ask them how well their overpriced "pedal platform" amps
were selling. :crazy

Get a mother f*****g Deluxe Reverb Reissue already and be done with it!
"While we realize that about 60% of pedals made are designed specifically to deal with the failings of a Deluxe Reverb, another 30% designed to do same for Marshall's, we are here to tell you that what your pedals REALLY need is a 'neutral' platform."

Youngblood … lol

Time Fail GIF

I totally forgot about his YouTube videos about amp mods where actual amp builders had to step in and warn people to please not try what he was suggesting in the video because it was not only incredibly dangerous, but he had no clue what he was talking about.

And now that’s the same guy who wants to sell you an amp for $4,000

That tells you everything you need to know about him and his company

Hahaha I was just going down the Vertex rabbit hole the other day, that's one of the craziest gear sagas I've ever seen. I was watching that in real time and it was like watching some thriller/mystery mini-series. I'd get home from work and there'd be like 15 new pages on RT and TGP, eagerly anticipating the goop coming off the boards and there being this "No way....he didn't really do this, did he?" just to have it confirmed over and over again, while he's sending out cease and desists and blatantly lying about it.

I'm all for forgiveness, I just wouldn't really feel great giving him my money. Other people buying his gear is harmless to me and him being in business puts a 50/50 shot of another saga on the table, so I've got no issue with him continuing on with his business. Not like he'll escape his past.

I watched Ola’s Bad Cat vid last night, that got my funny bone tingling. That clean channel alone had me perked right up. I’d never expect Bad Cat to do a high gainer like that.
Steven Wilson used/s one quite a bit.

I watched Ola’s Bad Cat vid last night, that got my funny bone tingling. That clean channel alone had me perked right up. I’d never expect Bad Cat to do a high gainer like that.
I was playing Anesthetize the other night, can't remember what preset or amp model, but I got to this part, and I was like Holy Sh!t! It sounded exactly like Steven Wilson's tone. (Wish I had saved/named the preset, as that's how I love to match a tone to a song- by accident.)

Back