Fender Tone Master Pro: Episode IV - A New Hope

You guys argue or hug, I'm just here for the memes and gifs.

Cardi B Popcorn GIF by MOODMAN

Legit question: does anyone who’s owned the TMP or has one currently know what the CPU limits are? For example, what’s a typical signal chain that’ll run great, and what chokes it? Not knocking Fender for this, but I don’t think they’ve been as forthcoming with which proc they use, as opposed to the other companies disclosing specifically which chip(s) they use.
There are videos out there (Worship Tutorials is a great one) that go into this. It's not bad. Not great but not bad.

All jokes aside ..... I think its a pretty solid first gen hardware release and it has HEAPS of potential for the algo-coders to make it a "top tier" unit.

If they wanted to, Fender are big and rich enough to very easily pay and poach the best of the best out there if they want and it wouldn't even be a ripple in the TMP Pro Project Budget - I dont know if they will do this, but they and L6 / Yamaha are both in a position to do so if needed or wanted or warranted.

Remember how many years, different hardware units, software changes etc... it tool Fractal and L6 to get to where they are today.

If it was easy ... and it clearly isnt .... , Mooer, NUX, Donner etc..... would already have released modelers for $700 that were as good as if not beterr than the Fractal or Helix.

Ben

All jokes aside ..... I think its a pretty solid first gen hardware release and it has HEAPS of potential for the algo-coders to make it a "top tier" unit.

If they wanted to, Fender are big and rich enough to very easily pay and poach the best of the best out there if they want and it wouldn't even be a ripple in the TMP Pro Project Budget - I dont know if they will do this, but they and L6 / Yamaha are both in a position to do so if needed or wanted or warranted.

Remember how many years, different hardware units, software changes etc... it tool Fractal and L6 to get to where they are today.

If it was easy ... and it clearly isnt .... , Mooer, NUX, Donner etc..... would already have released modelers for $700 that were as good as if not beterr than the Fractal or Helix.

Ben
Well, they have to wait for Fractal, Line 6 etc to release modelers, so they can then steal the code.

I'm in my mid 60s so it's way too easy to be crusty about things. With the newer products I try to look at them with the mind of a much younger player with very little gear experience or cash flow. The TMP is surely intended for and being marketed to that segment and not trying to convince the older, more experienced users to replace their current Helix, AXE, or QC rigs. No need for any of my snark about the thing or the folks buying it.

Last edited:
Back