FAS Shred Boost

These have Cliff's stamp of approval over at the Fractal forum. However, I agree with @laxu that they're “visually hideous.” :grin

Also, I don't know… if I'm going to bring a 30 lb solid state amp that needs a rack case, etc, then I'll just bring my 40 lb tube head anyway.

I do want to hear how these sound though, and would be cool for home use.
You could play "poweramp, Jeep or air conditioner?" game with the QSC if you cropped them down.

2014-jeep-wrangler-sport-suv-front-view.png

TAW05CR19--TAW06CR19_0002_WAC-5000-WT-TAW05CR19-3-edited.png

GX5-large.jpg

do we really care how they look? it isnt about the Toanz?
but i do get the fact about gigging and weight (y)

My favorite real world amps are kind of strange birds. H&K's, Riveras, Peaveys and the like.

I did have a chance to play that Cameron model tho . . . :whistle

The Rivera Knucklehead Reverb is a hell of an amp. The clean channel has some of the best Fender tones I've ever used.

The gain channels do have to be pretty loud to sound their best but the effects loop trick helps with this. The shared tone controls for the two gain channels don't have an ideal compromise setting but there are ways to get around that using the 4CM and MIDI switching.

It's been one of my favorite 100 watt heads for over a decade.

I wish Fractal sold Humbusters in 20 ft lengths. 30 ft is way too long for me and 15 is a bit short.

They're pretty easy to make

I wish Fractal sold Humbusters in 20 ft lengths. 30 ft is way too long for me and 15 is a bit short. I have 15 ft ones and use them at home, but at practice or gigs I just use regular TS for 4cm.

I'm probably going to try the FM9 + ISP Stealth + Mesa cab at practice this week, and maybe even at a gig at the end of the week, we'll see. Cornford MK50 is really doing it for me at home, love that model.

Have you tried the Fractal wahs much? I love the Crybaby, after setting it's min/max to match my real EVH wah.
Here are where they source theirs I think - https://btpa.com/?target=search&mode=search&substring=humbuster&including=all

At one point I was all about the FAS shimmer drive... now that you mention FAS specific drives, I think I'll revisit that one.

Maybe I'm dumb, but what's the difference between Shred Boost and JP IIC+ Shred in the Amp Preamp page? I looked and couldn't find an answer, but again... maybe I'm dumb?

I'm flip flopping with you and the Stomp will be on the block soon :whistle

Dude, I was thinking of you guys as I re-bought a Stomp yesterday (sold mine when I got the FM9 back in Sept).

Somewhere here, I recall reading "Never sell the Stomp, you'll always be buying it again," and heard those voices yesterday as I bought a new one (that was also priced $70 more than the first one I bought, a little over a year ago).

Last edited:
Dude, I was thinking of you guys as I re-bought a Stomp yesterday (sold mine when I got the FM9 back in Sept).

Somewhere here, I recall reading "Never sell the Stomp, you'll always be buying it again," and heard those voices yesterday as a I bought a new one (that was also priced $70 more than the first one I bought, a little over a year ago).
Words to live by. As I go to sell the thing anyway :bag

Back