FAS Shred Boost

From what ive read if going for separate amp and cab of your choice, matrix amplifiers seem to be a good price performance ratio
Stereo or Bridged Mono

gt800fx_new_march2013.jpg

Yes, but they currently have zero stock and there's been a lot of complaints about limited/zero customer service regarding repairs and general communication. Big question mark around Matrix in general, from my understanding.

From what ive read if going for separate amp and cab of your choice, matrix amplifiers seem to be a good price performance ratio
Stereo or Bridged Mono

Had one. Didn't like it? Noisy, flaky in how it worked and not near as loud as I expected it to be. The Camplifier is the best for me as far as "getting out of the way" of the modeling with no configuration fuss?

I know a lot of people like the Matrix stuff so it's probably just a me thing.

Are you talking physical, hardware noise like the fan? Or noise in your signal/speaker?
The fan was noisy. The power button was weird as well where it would turn on the power light but wouldn't actually turn anything on amplifier wise. Just oddball behavior that I was over with pretty quickly. Whether or not it is the norm; I am not sure.

Well Maybe a QSC Equivalent, they are not Class D, Most Powercabs/ Wedges all Use Class D I'm assuming that where the differences are tonal wise

The fan was noisy. The power button was weird as well where it would turn on but wouldn't actually turn anything on. Just oddball behavior that I was over with pretty quickly. Whether or not it is the norm; I am not sure.

Interesting, thanks.

If I see one used, I'll probably grab it just to try. However they are pretty rare up here (though I have seen them listed, over the years).

But part of what I love about the Stealth Pro is that it fits in my gig bag and thus completely eliminates a third thing to load in/out, like a head or rackmount unit, etc. And it weighs one pound, no joke. One fricken pound! :love

Stereo or Bridged Mono

Check it out, @Stone : I got so excited at first when I found this L&M listing, only to realize it was already sold. :(

If I ever get a SS power amp again I'll go for a QSC or something, affordable, solid and available everywhere.

WEB_Image%20QSC_GX5_2x700_W_i_4_ohm__-1992828324.jpeg

These have Cliff's stamp of approval over at the Fractal forum. However, I agree with @laxu that they're “visually hideous.” :grin

Also, I don't know… if I'm going to bring a 30 lb solid state amp that needs a rack case, etc, then I'll just bring my 40 lb tube head anyway.

I do want to hear how these sound though, and would be cool for home use.

These have Cliff's stamp of approval over at the Fractal forum. However, I agree with @laxu that they're “visually hideous.” :grin

Also, I don't know… if I'm going to bring a 30 lb solid state amp that needs a rack case, etc, then I'll just bring my 40 lb tube head anyway.

I have the behringer one thst looks just like this. Not sure if it's a clone or what but I don't like it either :rofl

It is 10lbs lighter than my VHT 2/50/2, but yeah. Not that I'm gigging much these days anyway and If I did I'd be more likely to grab my Marshall and a handful of pedals instead :LOL:

Had one. Didn't like it? Noisy, flaky in how it worked and not near as loud as I expected it to be. The Camplifier is the best for me as far as "getting out of the way" of the modeling with no configuration fuss?

I know a lot of people like the Matrix stuff so it's probably just a me thing.

It's not you.

:hugitout

Back