Eventide H90 then???

UA has their hand so far up my ass they’re tickling my tonsils. I own nearly every plugin, 3 rack apollos and 2 PCIe cards. They make some great hardware but some of the business practices are mind numbingly WTFish.
They do, and I’ve been tempted, especially lately with the dogshit customer service I’ve been getting from Audient.

UA has their hand so far up my ass they’re tickling my tonsils. I own nearly every plugin, 3 rack apollos and 2 PCIe cards. They make some great hardware but some of the business practices are mind numbingly WTFish.
I like their audio interfaces too. Luna still has some maturing to do but I knew Studio One already. Anyway yes….. the dropping the ball on the OX and those pedals were a big “Meh” for me.

Eventide really thinly distributed these things. I mean like 1 or 2 per chain or group of stores!
I guess they were trying to gauge interest and totally misjudged that one.
As I said on another forum though, could just be supply chain issues. At least they got them out there in some amount which was great.

I got real lucky being at the right place at the right time when I got one from my local retailer.
I sold off a bunch of stuff and ordered a second one for my other board but I doubt I'll see that until the end of March or later.

H9 max came to play with H90 today. Everything working fine, even though my hearing still sucking ugh, but I tried playing for 30 mins to test it all out!

DSC02800.JPG

Last edited:
If I’m not mistaken there is a way to attenuate the input level now, right? This was a big ding for the H9. It didn’t play nice with line level signals.

Eventide really thinly distributed these things. I mean like 1 or 2 per chain or group of stores!
I guess they were trying to gauge interest and totally misjudged that one.
As I said on another forum though, could just be supply chain issues. At least they got them out there in some amount which was great.

I got real lucky being at the right place at the right time when I got one from my local retailer.
I sold off a bunch of stuff and ordered a second one for my other board but I doubt I'll see that until the end of March or later.

so....I needs to puts my foot in my mouth on this one.

Lookee what showed up on Tuesday........and I thought I was going to have to wait until March.
Not sure how or why this happened but super happy and Thx Eventide! I ordered back in mid-Dec.

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

If I’m not mistaken there is a way to attenuate the input level now, right? This was a big ding for the H9. It didn’t play nice with line level signals.

Yes you can raise the input by +20 or lower it by -30 I think on the H9.

H90 has input stuff too.

I miss the input/output level controls with a clip meter that used to be standard on most rack gear.

So after a month or so of ownership.... I have to say, I do think you could just as well use a Fractal FM3 and get amazing sounds. In fact I might even flog the H90 and get an FM3 or FM9.

So after a month or so of ownership.... I have to say, I do think you could just as well use a Fractal FM3 and get amazing sounds. In fact I might even flog the H90 and get an FM3 or FM9.
I use an axe3 mostly for fx and it really is up there with the best imo. The reverbs and delays are great. I have not tried an FM 3 for fx only. It would also be a great backup if you’re amp failed.

There's probably few situations where using both algorithm slots at the same time is useful and even then the stuff you would want to run in them is unlikely to be the most complex ambient reverb and pitch-mod delay or whatever. Which would be the only situations where the FM3 might not have the horsepower to do the same thing.

I started considering if I could replace the Strymon Nightsky, Volante and Gigrig Wetter Box parallel mixer on my board with a H90 and then just came to the conclusion that yeah I could, but I would get back into the same situation I wanted to avoid which is having to menu through stuff or use a computer/mobile editor.

Just traded a friend a pedal plus cash for his H90. It was overkill for what he does. I think this things sounds really good but so does my H9. Not done a side by side yet but will probably only keep one.

Back