Eventide H90 then???

Well you said "environmental delay" but that isn't how it has been most famously used at all, so I'm confused.
Fair, it’s not a good description. I was trying to explain how full it sounds and how it sits so musically with the dry. I was trying to say “real , natural “ huge. The H90 just isn’t imo.

Fair, it’s not a good description. I was trying to explain how full it sounds and how it sits so musically with the dry. I was trying to say “real , natural “ huge. The H90 just isn’t imo.

I honestly think you should have gave it more time. I mean it's only been out a month and a half? Maybe you didn't have it set right or something.

The 2290 is renowned as being pristine and transparent when it's anything but - even when bypassed mine boosts a bunch of high end, from around 3k up. The hardware outputs are phase reversed too which is why it sounds so wide and spacious in stereo.

I honestly think you should have gave it more time. I mean it's only been out a month and a half? Maybe you didn't have it set right or something.
He has his preferences which are fine but the hyperbolic “sits on top” and “older rack gear destroys” BS is what turns people off.

Just because it’s older “analog” doesn’t make it better or worse and vice versa for modern digital. If it sounds good it sounds good and IDGAF who or when it was made.

The perception here, to use a car analogy; "I can't drive anything but a 1970 Chevy Camaro and it must have an LT1 350". All other cars are shit and nearly unusable.

While there are some finer points of the 1970 Chevy Camaro LT1 equipped automobile, it sure as shit is missing a ton of features like power windows, heated seats and steering wheels etc etc etc. The car is a safety and performance joke by todays standards.

It'd ok to talk about "the best" and the gear you love or don't love, but try not to pigeonhole yourselves into being so hyper focused as to not see completely viable alternatives. The last thing confusing me here is I saw no marketing material regarding the H90 being a 2290 clone. Is there any? I have a few 2290 presets and plugins that make me completely happy and feel no need to go out and buy an original 2290. Its a freggin FX processor, you can use hundreds of alternatives and get the job done.

This is a similar issue to “ better or prefer “
If modern technology and components are objectively better but don’t necessarily sound better in a musical context they aren’t really better in all applications. Analog or digital music players, the new technology is not always better sounding, it has a ton of other advantages but just from the sound quality perspective it is not guaranteed.
Thanks for restating what I said earlier in the thread. So you acknowledge that stating things as facts is silly. That’s good. Progress!

Does every post need to start off with ‘IMO’? Every post here is someone’s opinion in some shape or form. Some of which may be factual. Some of which may not be. That’s where discussion should happen. Even the people who are authorities on the subjects can be wrong, too. It’s all opinion.

Does every post need to start off with ‘IMO’? Every post here is someone’s opinion in some shape or form. Some of which may be factual. Some of which may not be. That’s where discussion should happen. Even the people who are authorities on the subjects can be wrong, too. It’s all opinion.
Valid point, of course. But the way in which things are stated sometimes is so over the top, it’s the connotation that the poster feels their opinion is more valued than all else.

Valid point, of course. But the way in which things are stated sometimes is so over the top, it’s the connotation that the poster feels their opinion is more valued than all else.
In this case I agree, but recognize it’s still just his opinion. He’s perfectly entitled to be wrong 😂

How many times are ‘facts’ settled that we collectively find out later are dead wrong? We used to leech people.

If he thinks some double rack space unit that hasn’t been in production for 30 years is the way to go and simply can’t get good sounds out of other gear, who knows? Maybe that’s his experience 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m happy enough just having modern gear that works and sounds great to me.

Eventide will sell boatloads of the H90. Probably one to me sooner or later. I was thoroughly impressed with the H9 and have been a crusader for the H9000 for a few years. I’m sure the H90 will serve some purpose and I may manage to eek a decent sound or three out of it 😉

Yeah when the super hyperbolic nonsense kicks in in a post, that takes it beyond “well this is just my point of view” but still I should just pepper their posts with “they’re overly invested in that gear” and let it go but you know…. sometimes you just gotta call it out.

Edit…. and to be fair I have been the overly invested guy plenty of times.

Yeah when the super hyperbolic nonsense kicks in in a post, that takes it beyond “well this is just my point of view” but still I should just pepper their posts with “they’re overly invested in that gear” and let it go but you know…. sometimes you just gotta call it out.

Edit…. and to be fair I have been the overly invested guy plenty of times.
I’m as invested as one can get in FAS. I have every currently made modeler by them and sold the AX8. I’m not going to say you can’t get a good sound out of a Helix though. I had one of them here and still have the plugin. It’s decent. To that argument I had a rocktron Chameleon 30 years ago that I liked the sound of, too.

I’m sure the QC will be a fine unit someday 😂

I’m as invested as one can get in FAS. I have every currently made modeler by them and sold the AX8. I’m not going to say you can’t get a good sound out of a Helix though. I had one of them here and still have the plugin. It’s decent. To that argument I had a rocktron Chameleon 30 years ago that I liked the sound of, too.

I’m sure the QC will be a fine unit someday 😂
“Soon”.

its coming

Check out these 30 new plugins in the meantime
See that’s what drives me nuts with them. Yes, I obviously know developing a plug-in isn’t the same as development for a hardware device. But continually releasing plug-in after plug-in is just shitty optics.

See that’s what drives me nuts with them. Yes, I obviously know developing a plug-in isn’t the same as development for a hardware device. But continually releasing plug-in after plug-in is just sh*tty optics.
Unfortunately they’re not alone in this. UA goes the other way. People have been asking for resizable plugins for a decade or more already.
“Hey check out these 4 new guitar pedals”.

No Luna for windows. No resizable plugins. No vst3. Windows drivers are crackle and pop city. I dont get them sometimes.

Unfortunately they’re not alone in this. UA goes the other way. People have been asking for resizable plugins for a decade or more already.
“Hey check out these 4 new guitar pedals”.

No Luna for windows. No resizable plugins. No vst3. Windows drivers are crackle and pop city. I dont get them sometimes.
Yeah i dipped my toes into UA with just the Golden and Starlight, and sold them off.

Back