Eventide H90 then???

Thanks for the feedback. The H9 looks really neat, but spending all that money on a single effect is less appealing. Then there's the H90 which looks awesome but costs the same as an FM9.

I'll stick with the simple analog effects!

Thanks for the feedback. The H9 looks really neat, but spending all that money on a single effect is less appealing. Then there's the H90 which looks awesome but costs the same as an FM9.

I'll stick with the simple analog effects!
I tend to agree but like a lot of things in the gear world… “I’ll take both please”. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Now that I’ve spent some time with it, I think I’d take a H90 over many other digital multi effect pedals even a FM3, FM9, HXFX based on size alone but the effects in the H90 sound really really good and in some cases IMHO better than lauded effects from top end modelers.

I tend to agree but like a lot of things in the gear world… “I’ll take both please”. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Now that I’ve spent some time with it, I think I’d take a H90 over many other digital multi effect pedals even a FM3, FM9, HXFX based on size alone but the effects in the H90 sound really really good and in some cases IMHO better than lauded effects from top end modelers.

I think that’s the key thing it has going for it, size. There’s nothing else than can do those sounds in that size footprint. The HX stomp is the only real contender, and it would require a user to know how to construct those sounds from other blocks joined together and may not have enough parallel processing available to pull it off for some sounds. They’re different enough that it’s not really fair to compare them honestly though. The h90 seems to be in a class of it’s own right now.

D

Still really enjoying the H90. After a month and bit of having it, I am finding all kinds of new sounds. The editor is great and really easy to use. Love the flexible routing you can have for each patch!

Last edited:
Still really enjoying the H90. After a month and bit of having it, I am finding all kinds of new sounds. The editor is great and really easy to use. Love the flexible routing you can have for each patch!
I’ve just had mine for a day but what live played it and done some learning of how it can function… yes it pricey but I think you can cover a ton of ground with it. Man… a good amp with maybe modulation type of choice pedal and drive in front and the H90 in the loop, that would be a very flexible rig.

Is the H90 suffering from shortages right now, or are they just selling out really quickly?

I joined the H90 club today. And I got a little synth to go with it.

rs=w:1440,h:1440

I sold mine. Too fiddly and annoying to use.
I’ve been fighting the urge to sell mine for that aspect alone. Everything else is remarkably great with it.
i wish Eventide, and other creators of high end effects, would make them USB audio capable.
So, in the case of the H90 we could set them up as stereo pairs of channels in and out of DAW. I’d have mine sitting on the desktop in that role constantly if I could!
I’m toying with the idea of using a patch bay with S/PDIF to my interface to try and create that kind of routing. I just don’t know if I really understand how all that works.

@TJontheRoad keen to hear how you like the polysynth algo.

Reporting back after some testing. While the tracking is really good, the sound is just meh at best. Both the oscillators and the filter are pretty weak. Turn off any post effect and the dry oscillator waveforms have no weight to the sound at all. The filter and resonance have very little character.

Very cheesy sounding much like the Boss SY-300. Actually, the SY-300 and SY-1000 sound better. At least I can call those characterful.

Note, I'm spoiled with 15+ hardware synths and eurorack in my studio. The H90 Polysynth doesn't come close to replacing any of them. Heck, I have free plug-in synths that sound much better.

That said, I do like the H90 for everything else it does.

I’m still liking mine a lot and once I read the manual and used it over time I don’t now find it difficult to use. At first definitely was frustrating at time but once I figured out the routing and mixing of dry and wet and how some presets were configured differently etc…. now it’s for sure better. YMMV.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I don’t need the h90 since I have my helix. Thanks! Now I need to stop thinking about the collider as well

Looking to buy 2 used but excellent condition Eventide H90's for $1,200 or 1 for around $600 via paypal. I'm in Marietta, Ohio, USA.

I have one already and love it, but I want 3 lol.

Looking to buy 2 used but excellent condition Eventide H90's for $1,200 or 1 for around $600 via paypal. I'm in Marietta, Ohio, USA.

I have one already and love it, but I want 3 lol.
Damn bro. Just go full ‘Tide and get an H9000 already.

Back