DOD/Digitech Resurgence

I am so excited! I have been a die hard Digitech user for many many years and have had to stockpile used stuff. Every single gig I have done in the last 20 years or so has had Digitech gear involved in some shape or form. RP500/1000 GFX-1, All GNX series, Bad Monkey, Vocalist Live FX, Vocalist Live 2, 3 and 4, GSP2101 and I'm sure more that I havent listed. Their stuff is in my Soundcraft mixer that I use for every gig and I use it on every gig.

I have said it over 100 times on forums but the GSP 2101 speaker compensation cab sim is the best cab sim/IR I have ever used to this day and I own thousands of IR's from the so called big boys of IR's. Something about it I dunno. Just sounds so sweet to my ears.

I am so excited! I have been a die hard Digitech user for many many years and have had to stockpile used stuff. Every single gig I have done in the last 20 years or so has had Digitech gear involved in some shape or form. RP500/1000 GFX-1, All GNX series, Bad Monkey, Vocalist Live FX, Vocalist Live 2, 3 and 4, GSP2101 and I'm sure more that I havent listed. Their stuff is in my Soundcraft mixer that I use for every gig and I use it on every gig.

I have said it over 100 times on forums but the GSP 2101 speaker compensation cab sim is the best cab sim/IR I have ever used to this day and I own thousands of IR's from the so called big boys of IR's. Something about it I dunno. Just sounds so sweet to my ears.
The 2101 was killer
I still have a GNX4

I'd be really interested to see some Digitech re-releases of their later pedals. The Polara got incredibly popular after Friedman mentioned them on YouTube. Apparently they had nailed some of the rack reverbs in a compact and cheap used pedal. Of course the Digitech crew got snatched up by Line 6 (smart) and I think they are the ones that worked on the new HX reverbs. Anyways, the Hardwire series of pedals were also really good. It would be neat to see some of their classic designs in traditional pedal enclosures.
I have and ol polara that my friend uses :p how weird (or excellent) it would be to use it with my stomp…

That polara had a problem with the buffer (I think) and got serviced here in Sweden by a company doing service for multiple companies, on a 4 day round trip… freaking excellent service and they didn’t replace the pedal.. they actually fixed it. Never thought that would happen actually haha. Maybe it was a simple thing idk.. but the point was excellent service.

It would be awesome if Digitech would come out with a modern version of the 2101. Something on par with the fractal stuff for half the price and maybe not quite as complicated. Harmon killed Digitech like Fender killed Jackson...the mid 90s was definitely my favorite era to spend time in the local music store. I remember my favorite mom and pop store had all the cool stuff. USA custom Jackson's with all the cool graphics, Ibanez Jem's and RGs, a rack full of Digitech, boss, and Roland effects...hell even the cheap Vester and westone offerings were cool not to mention the factory 2nd deals. It was just an awesome place to hang out with the owners and good local musicians. Now the little guys can't even afford to order that stuff and Guitar Center pretty much sucks.

Whoa... Never noticed that pedal. I want one!

It’s the only pedal I still used after getting my AxeFX. Even when I was playing amps loud enough to get legit feedback, I still used this pedal. It’s PERFECT for getting notes to fade into that awesome usable feedback. I’ll also use it almost like a Whammy pedal, buy instead of hearing the note travel up in pitch, it fades into it smoothly.

If you jump to 5:30 I’m using it all over this solo (and all the feedback in the verses)-

Whoa... Never noticed that pedal. I want one!

It’s AWESOME! I love using it to add feedback at the end of a sustained note, as if the amp were at that perfect volume for controlled feedback. It’s the only pedal I still used after getting my AxeFX. I’ll also use it almost like a Whammy pedal, where the effected sound is an octave higher but instead of hearing the note travel up in pitch, it just does a really slick crossfade into it.

If you start this at 5:30 I’m using it all over the solo (as well as the feedback fading in during the verses)

It’s AWESOME! I love using it to add feedback at the end of a sustained note, as if the amp were at that perfect volume for controlled feedback. It’s the only pedal I still used after getting my AxeFX. I’ll also use it almost like a Whammy pedal, where the effected sound is an octave higher but instead of hearing the note travel up in pitch, it just does a really slick crossfade into it.

If you start this at 5:30 I’m using it all over the solo (as well as the feedback fading in during the verses)

Sounds great!

Ironically, I just ordered one last night, then a mere few hours later plugged into my Friedman BE-100D and 4x12 and realized how I forgot how easy the BE gives controlled feedback, even at moderately low volumes.

I'm sure the FreqOut will still be fun, especially with my FM9.

Memories of my early days of poor tone from crappy amps must still haunt me, which caused me to jump so quickly on the FreqOut.

Sounds great!

Ironically, I just ordered one last night, then a mere few hours later plugged into my Friedman BE-100D and 4x12 and realized how I forgot how easy the BE gives controlled feedback, even at moderately low volumes.

I'm sure the FreqOut will still be fun, especially with my FM9.

Memories of my early days of poor tone from crappy amps must still haunt me, which caused me to jump so quickly on the FreqOut.

Trust me, man, I’ll use that thing regardless of the rig I’m playing into or how much feedback I can get from it. It’s a different thi…..hahahaha, I’m watching a Rick Beato video in the background and he JUST said “Freak out!”….I mean, unless you‘re in THE ideal space, getting controlled feedback is a balancing act of “Ok….where is it?…..Come on…..ppppllleeeaaassseeee” and “OH SH*T I CAN’T CONTROL THIS!!!!”

It’s a really fun pedal, I can’t see how anyone wouldn’t dig it!

@Tom Von Kramm
King in yellow is acting up it seems. Sounds fine and works great. But the light sometimes doesn’t turn on… 1 of 4 presses kinda. Flickers back sometimes, and sometimes light up on half press the switch.

Is the King angry with me for putting him on my studio desk as an icon for 2 years?
Does he prefer being used? A fetish?
I put him back on the board recently, so I never really jumped on him with tiny Swedish feet. And im a home player so I’ve treated him with a silk touch.
Guess he’s mad about something. The dying light may be a sign… he is punishing me for that desk duty… def don’t wanna piss him off though. So i won’t be opening the lid on it… is there even normal thing inside it?

Have you heard of this before? It’s an -18 i guess.

I have seen this before, it is usually from misalignment of the PCB due to the footswitch nut coming loose. The fix is to loosen the side jack nuts, but don't remove them, loosen the footswitch nut, pull the footswitch upwards to re-align the PCB, then re-tighten the footswitch nut, then re-tighten the side jack nuts. You are basically pulling the PCB back up where it is supposed to be.

If this doesn't fix it, then the switch might be going bad and need to be replaced. This is a simple repair for any local competent tech with a rework station.

I have seen this before, it is usually from misalignment of the PCB due to the footswitch nut coming loose. The fix is to loosen the side jack nuts, but don't remove them, loosen the footswitch nut, pull the footswitch upwards to re-align the PCB, then re-tighten the footswitch nut, then re-tighten the side jack nuts. You are basically pulling the PCB back up where it is supposed to be.

If this doesn't fix it, then the switch might be going bad and need to be replaced. This is a simple repair for any local competent tech with a rework station.
I might not do that :ROFLMAO: I’ll send a mail to my reps (swedish staff) at Thomann and see if they can help. I bought the pedal from them and they usually have great service.

I noticed that these dod reissues has a black plastic thing under the fotswitch nut, is that some kind of damping or just for distance?

@Tom Von Kramm good folks over at Thomann took it in. That’s really cool btw, considering i bought it -18. They still have the Carcosa in stock so if im lucky they’ll just replace it. Doubt they’ll pick it apart.
Idk, they did fix a buffer issue on my Polara back then…

When you’re waiting for that Gunslinger to show up…

DF8D825C-5D87-4101-A013-C1E354E1438B.png

Back