Do Your Animals Like Your Playing?

TSJMajesty

Rock Star
My cat...

He will be sitting in the chair on a blanket, or up on his perch next to the window, for hours while I sit at my desk doing whatever. But the minute I pick up my guitar and start playing, he comes over and lays across one of my feet!

20220206_193052.jpg
20220624_163935.jpg

I had one cat who used to leave the room, whilst the other would go and sit right in front of the speaker and try to stuff his head into, pretty much.

The previous dog used to come and lie near the amp but never showed any emotion apart from when I briefly had a Tube Screamer. Engaging the TS would cause him to lie there, but lift his head and howl. To this day I have no idea if he was complaining, or joining in and "singing". However, he didn't get up and leave, so I'm assuming it was a pleasure response, but ...

The current hound is largely indifferent, although generally appears not to want to spend time with me in the 'studio'. He's quite happy to hang around if I'm playing acoustic in the house (and often tries to 'help' by coming and licking my hands, the little prick). On the rare occasions he settles in the studio he seems unfazed, unless I crank the volume, at which point he demands to be let out.

I’m watching my friend’s cockatiels right now, their cage is on the backside of my amps, the first minute I turn it on they don’t seem very thrilled but they chill out quickly.

Our 1 year old cat loves when I play, the heavier the better. Sometimes he'll run back and forth in my office a few times, or sit at my feet - but he always ends up in my desk chair, taking a bath and then goes to sleep.

He wants to sit on the table between my monitors, but I have to keep him away from picks and had to make this the Forbidden Zone. One doesn't want $40 picks destroyed lol.

We have two cats. They don't mind at all if I am playing unplugged. As soon as I turn on an amp or my computer with my DAW, they go hide. They are not a fan of the volume.

We have had a few dogs over the years before the cats we have now. None of them have appreciated the playing. They were pretty much like the cats we have now. As soon as I turn something on that has any volume to it they went and hid. There was one that acted differently. It was a Husky. When I would turn an amp on, he would stand outside of the doorway of the room I plain in and he would howl along with the playing. It was pretty annoying if I was trying to track anything with microphones.

Is the Cat called Majesty? or Highness ?

:D
Jaypee. :rofl Nah, J/K. It's Smudge, which was before I got him, but I just call him kitty. Not that he gives a shit anyway.

Our 1 year old... run back and forth in my office a few times
Oh yeah, at 1 yo they're pretty wound up. Mine used to leap almost 4 feet up the wall trying to catch the laser. :rofl
He's 3 now, so that stuff is beneath him.
They are not a fan of the volume.
Mine doesn't seem to mind the volume. (I tried once, and he just laid there.)
he would howl along with the playing.
That's too funny! He's harmonizing!!

Back