Do Something - Season Two - Week TWO!

OK, trying to slide in under the closing gate of week 2 ;~)) This is TRULY something I don't usually do (keyboard electronica, don't really know what this should be called/genre), but I have been having a lot of fun now that I have my keyboard hooked back up to the system. So many things to play and I just get lost. The following is an example of me getting lost on the keyboard for almost 20 minutes! I doubt you'll last more than a couple of those minutes (if that), but I had a lot of fun putting this together!!!

TheDistantPresent_2023May13.jpg

Edit: Video Link

Last edited:
One of the great things about being your own dude is you can do whatever the f**k you want,
when you want, and how you want. I want to be a dude someday. :LOL:

Can't wait to hear the entire thing with Vox, Rev. I know it will be bad-ass and epic. :chef

That Talk-Box dub (all 4 of them??) pops like a Mofo. Tasty!

Hahaha the 27 tracks are most certainly making up for the fact it’s just a 2=chord progression for nearly 6 minutes. :rofl And I’m glad you caught on to things being different each time around; it’s exactly why I don’t like copy and pasting whole sections. You lose a lot of that with the more rigid/tight metal stuff, but songs like this have all the room in the world for variance. This was the first song I wrote that was accommodating a vocal melody I already had, but I’m going to have to track it somewhere else cuz there’s gonna be some belting in the chorus I can’t do in my apartment.

Hahaha I couldn’t figure out for the last chorus where I wanted the talk box guitars saying ‘you don’t know’, so I just had them saying it all over the place. I can’t believe it didn’t sound like total sh*t after I mixed them all together, but the rhythm guitar tone allows for a lot of other stuff to be thrown in there. Another thing that‘s not as easy with metal stuff.
I wanna come over and just watch you work!

Hahahah you’d get contact high unless you brought in some scuba gear. :ROFLMAO:

Back