Do Something - Season Two - Week Seven(dust)

Cheap entry for today. I made this video to try and land a guitar player and drummer to join my band:

P.s. oh how I hate iMovie...

Excellent video flyer for band recruiting! I really dig those blood red river scenes with all the white snow!! Also love the quotes, especially the one from Vincent Price about this being just a test!!! Best of luck on your search for some Mayhem Mates (that would be a good band name)!!!!

As for iMovie, I am not an apple person, but Premiere crashed on me half a dozen times last night, forcing me to dick around till 4 am to try and get my new one finished ;~(( Grrrrrr, I feel your pain!

Last edited:

Tweaked it. Made the drums move a little earlier in song. Recut the distorted bit. Brought the RG in to do RG things down the center. Need to figure out volume automation so I can raise the entire volume of the distorted section, but that's for another day. No car test, just going off monitors and earbuds. lol

Sounds good! What inspired the title? I was not "feeling" the police anywhere in the track ;~)) Thanks for sharing!!

Here is the video for one I submitted earlier this week (Wilson)! More of a focused image selection than the last one, might get kind of boring for some!!

Last edited:
Sounds good! What inspired the title? I was not "feeling" the police anywhere in the track ;~)) Thanks for sharing!!

The preset I used on the first opening bit I named The Police because I love chorus drenched cleans. (Of course I lather it in a ton of reverb and delay, but that’s sort of the “80s inspired” cleans I love) So… I just ran with that as a title. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Excellent video flyer for band recruiting! I really dig those blood red river scenes with all the white snow!! Also love the quotes, especially the one from Vincent Price about this being just a test!!! Best of luck on your search for some Mayhem Mates (that would be a good band name)!!!!

As for iMovie, I am not an apple person, but Premiere crashed on me half a dozen times last night, forcing me to dick around till 4 am to try and get my new one finished ;~(( Grrrrrr, I feel your pain!
Thanks! I downloaded another vid editing program last year called Shotcut, and it looked so much better, like Reaper but for videos. Then when I finally got around to using it a few months ago, it didn't work anymore, like the open source got taken down... so, the search for an iMovie replacement continues...

The preset I used on the first opening bit I named The Police because I love chorus drenched cleans. (Of course I lather it in a ton of reverb and delay, but that’s sort of the “80s inspired” cleans I love) So… I just ran with that as a title. :ROFLMAO:
Hah, I was not even thinking of the band! My bad, I hear that sound now that you point out no actual law enforcement were involved, just the sounds of some English Bobby's!! Sorry for not figuring that one out ;~((

Tweaked it. Made the drums move a little earlier in song. Recut the distorted bit. Brought the RG in to do RG things down the center. Need to figure out volume automation so I can raise the entire volume of the distorted section, but that's for another day. No car test, just going off monitors and earbuds. lol

What did you use for the guitars' tones?

Back