Do Something - Season Three - Week Eight (of Spades)

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Welcome to Week EIGHT (of Spades) - if it doesn't make you think of Ace of Spades, and then Motorhead, and then Lemmy... well, I guess we all have room for improvement.

TTI-ACE-SPADE-PC_media-01.png

Lemmy was a full speed ahead, no-apologies, music was meant to be an experience kinda guy. He also loved video games and was parked at the arcade machine inside the door of the Whiskey every time I went in there in the 90s. Not sure what that has to do with this challenge, but I haven't had my coffee yet so you're stuck having read this useless sentence with nothing to show for it. Sucks doesn't it?

Lemmy also lived every day like it could be his last. He wrote songs like they could be the last one ever. He played shows with the same sort of gusto. Now that he's gone, he has written his last song, played his last gig and lived his last day.

In honor of Lemmy, this week is the last one of Season Three. It's your last chance to record new music like it's the last time you'll ever do it. Well, for this season anyway.

lemmypublicity1robertjohn_20101130_123211_38842474_ver1.0.jpg

So, honor the memory of a rock and roll/heavy metal icon by dropping some sincerely bombastic music this week.

Lemmy and Motorhead were never perfect. They were never the band writing music theory masterpieces. They never agonized over the perfect melody, chorus, vocal line or harmony. They just let it rip - creating and performing music from the gut, not second guessing themselves or worrying about what anyone would think.

That's rock and roll.

And, at it's essence, that's what this challenge is all about.

You don't need to drop a tune that sounds/seems/feels anything like Motorhead. But you do need to channel your inner "I don't give a #$#% what anyone thinks" muse and let 'er rip! Lilting keyboard solos, delicate guitar harmonies, screaming punk rock, raging metal, line-dance inducing country or classically infused hiphop. Whatever is YOU needs to come out this week. Don't overthink. Don't second guess - just pour it out like a 40 on the curb for a man who showed the world what no-apologies music looks like.

Don't play it safe, just play it.

lemmy-kilmister-safe-safe-music-safe-clothing-safe-hair-quote-on-storemypic-04c94.png

Ok, before we start, let's recap.

Here's what's happening so far:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

TJontheRoad - 5
Whizzinby - 4
T Gobbs - 2
Sleezy E - 7
Iron1 - 11
Alex Kenivel - 11!!!!

@FuzzyAce - 4
@Piing - 1
@PLX - 5
@megametal7 - 2
@fretworn - 3
@Moondog Wily - 2
@duzie - 1
BahamaDada - 3
Gearzilla - 1
PLX - 4
@aldunk - 1
@scole - 1

KHAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!! - 1
@EveryoneElse - slackers

That's 69 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

bill-and-ted-69.gif

The rest of TGF combined:

200w.gif

TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION:

@Sleezy E - 1

and
@Gearzilla - 1

Congrats to those who have participated already!

For all the rules, reasons your lawn will die if Motorhead moved in next door, why you should really give all your gear to Do Something Challenge participants if you yourself are not going to Do Something, why exactly @FuzzyAce hasn't done an Ace of Spades cover (gasp!), where you can spend all your hard earned Stomp Bucks, why I didn't buy a Stomp yesterday after an hour round trip to get one and more please refer to the Week One thread.

Welcome to Week EIGHT (of Spades) - if it doesn't make you think of Ace of Spades, and then Motorhead, and then Lemmy... well, I guess we all have room for improvement.

TTI-ACE-SPADE-PC_media-01.png

Lemmy was a full speed ahead, no-apologies, music was meant to be an experience kinda guy. He also loved video games and was parked at the arcade machine inside the door of the Whiskey every time I went in there in the 90s. Not sure what that has to do with this challenge, but I haven't had my coffee yet so you're stuck having read this useless sentence with nothing to show for it. Sucks doesn't it?

Lemmy also lived every day like it could be his last. He wrote songs like they could be the last one ever. He played shows with the same sort of gusto. Now that he's gone, he has written his last song, played his last gig and lived his last day.

In honor of Lemmy, this week is the last one of Season Three. It's your last chance to record new music like it's the last time you'll ever do it. Well, for this season anyway.

lemmypublicity1robertjohn_20101130_123211_38842474_ver1.0.jpg

So, honor the memory of a rock and roll/heavy metal icon by dropping some sincerely bombastic music this week.

Lemmy and Motorhead were never perfect. They were never the band writing music theory masterpieces. They never agonized over the perfect melody, chorus, vocal line or harmony. They just let it rip - creating and performing music from the gut, not second guessing themselves or worrying about what anyone would think.

That's rock and roll.

And, at it's essence, that's what this challenge is all about.

You don't need to drop a tune that sounds/seems/feels anything like Motorhead. But you do need to channel your inner "I don't give a #$#% what anyone thinks" muse and let 'er rip! Lilting keyboard solos, delicate guitar harmonies, screaming punk rock, raging metal, line-dance inducing country or classically infused hiphop. Whatever is YOU needs to come out this week. Don't overthink. Don't second guess - just pour it out like a 40 on the curb for a man who showed the world what no-apologies music looks like.

Don't play it safe, just play it.

lemmy-kilmister-safe-safe-music-safe-clothing-safe-hair-quote-on-storemypic-04c94.png

Ok, before we start, let's recap.

Here's what's happening so far:

Regular weekly/bi-weekly challenge:

TJontheRoad - 5
Whizzinby - 4
T Gobbs - 2
Sleezy E - 7
Iron1 - 11
Alex Kenivel - 11!!!!

@FuzzyAce - 4
@Piing - 1
@PLX - 5
@megametal7 - 2
@fretworn - 3
@Moondog Wily - 2
@duzie - 1
BahamaDada - 3
Gearzilla - 1
PLX - 4
@aldunk - 1
@scole - 1

KHAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!! - 1
@EveryoneElse - slackers

That's 69 pieces of music that didn't exist prior to this challenge season. Way to go!

bill-and-ted-69.gif

The rest of TGF combined:

200w.gif

TGF Do Something Season Two BANDMATE CHAMPION:

@Sleezy E - 1

and
@Gearzilla - 1

Congrats to those who have participated already!

For all the rules, reasons your lawn will die if Motorhead moved in next door, why you should really give all your gear to Do Something Challenge participants if you yourself are not going to Do Something, why exactly @FuzzyAce hasn't done an Ace of Spades cover (gasp!), where you can spend all your hard earned Stomp Bucks, why I didn't buy a Stomp yesterday after an hour round trip to get one and more please refer to the Week One thread.
Fuck it!!!! Time to RAWK!!!!!!

Another backing track this time using the Revv Gen Purple 1.

Didn't want to miss the final week. Threw this together in the last couple hours. When in doubt, 90's new wave nostalgia. :ROFLMAO: Needs a proper mixing and some drum work, but I don't think I'll have the bandwidth tomorrow so sneaking this under the wire now.

That title just made me LOL like a 7th grader. Great tune to boot!
Didn't want to miss the final week. Threw this together in the last couple hours. When in doubt, 90's new wave nostalgia. :ROFLMAO: Needs a proper mixing and some drum work, but I don't think I'll have the bandwidth tomorrow so sneaking this under the wire now.

I could sit and listen to an entire album of this with no problem at all. Good stuff!

Haven't started on anything for this week, barely even picked up a guitar. It'll be a rush job if I get one done today.:grin

Back