Do Something - Season Three - Week Eight (of Spades)

Uh.. Ok.

Yes sir, captain !

I just wanna know what has you so shocked and disgusted..?

Screenshot_20230909_113730_Chrome.jpg

Ok, dropping one in today.
This is part of a side project I've been working on -- it will have vocals at some point. Today I just tweaked some guitar parts and mixing.
Kind of Space Disco sounding, if you will. :rofl

Wow! Love that. Dooood! :banana:banana:banana

Bringing the Boogie. What's the Organ/Hammond?

Wow! Love that. Dooood! :banana:banana:banana

Bringing the Boogie. What's the Organ/Hammond?
Thanks bro!
The organ started off in NI Massive, but I can't remember what patch I used. I tweaked afterwards with some eq, etc.
I'm really bad about getting rid of midi data. I'll usually just bounce the part to an audio file, sometimes I'll save the midi track and make it inactive to save on cpu, but other times I don't. :facepalm

Pretty sure I do that with drum tracks. Convert the MIDI to audio on a separate track?? :idk

Never dabbled much with Virtual Instruments outside of a drum plug ins. Do you play it
on a MIDI Controller via software?

Pretty sure I do that with drum tracks. Convert the MIDI to audio on a separate track?? :idk

Never dabbled much with Virtual Instruments outside of a drum plug ins. Do you play it
on a MIDI Controller via software?
Yeah, I just use a cheap Alesis Q49 controller most the time. I've had it for years and it does the trick for most stuff. Not great if you're a serious piano player though. (which I'm not:grin)

Cool! That is definitely something I need to look into. Thanks for the breakdown and intel.

The more you know. :beer

spent all day trying to finish up my entry... I give up.

I like the song enough that I don't wanna put it out half-assed.
I'm gonna keep plugging away.. but today.... today I get the big "L"

edit: oh, fuck it. I started this challenge so I could finish something...

Not sure if you realized it, or not.. but that clip I put up a while back was my version of this (your) tune here.

I tried to play what you play, but I can't.

Also can't get that Lando Calrissian cool guitar tone you get on this track.

I did what I do. But it's the same tune.

Thanks bro!
The organ started off in NI Massive, but I can't remember what patch I used. I tweaked afterwards with some eq, etc.
I'm really bad about getting rid of midi data. I'll usually just bounce the part to an audio file, sometimes I'll save the midi track and make it inactive to save on cpu, but other times I don't. :facepalm
I try to name the MIDI track with whatever patch I am using, but usually only remember to do so prior to record about half the time. I also like to then take that MIDI track and (I record the audio bounce down at same time I am recording MIDI via bus channel) have that MIDI play some completely different instrument! The results can be really fun. Often horrible, but sometimes it produces stuff that you just would not think of otherwise ;~)) Because of this, I always save the MIDI track, but will often deactivate/hide it.

Not sure if you realized it, or not.. but that clip I put up a while back was my version of this (your) tune here.

I tried to play what you play, but I can't.

Also can't get that Lando Calrissian cool guitar tone you get on this track.

I did what I do. But it's the same tune.
Haha! Awesome
Don't know how I missed that

• 100%
Reactions: PLX
Back