Do Something Challenge Discussion Thread

Funny timing, I just saw an "ad" from Trey Xavier of Gear Gods with a 7-day songwriting challenge. Supposed to be a daily e-mail with songwriting tips. Signed up, can't hurt.

Just a heads up all, I’m not going to be able to start the next challenge for a couple days. I just had a mass staff mutiny at work and I’m literally working by myself, started the day with piss coming up from the floor drains of a suite and I’m just sitting in my office calming myself down before I walk out to get my ass handed to me.

That and in the last 3 weeks I haven’t touched a guitar for more than 30 seconds without working on a challenge, my couch noodling wants some me-time. I should be good by friday/saturday to get the ball rolling for the next one. My apologies guys, I just don’t have it in me to put the time in this week.

Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

It happens…

What? Shit?

Sometimes

Just a heads up all, I’m not going to be able to start the next challenge for a couple days. I just had a mass staff mutiny at work and I’m literally working by myself, started the day with piss coming up from the floor drains of a suite and I’m just sitting in my office calming myself down before I walk out to get my ass handed to me.

That and in the last 3 weeks I haven’t touched a guitar for more than 30 seconds without working on a challenge, my couch noodling wants some me-time. I should be good by friday/saturday to get the ball rolling for the next one. My apologies guys, I just don’t have it in me to put the time in this week.
No worries man! Much work mojo sent. Let's get back on board once this weekend hits \m/

No rush. All good here for the delay. I started working the next week's recording but I'm also preoccupied with other endeavors until Friday.

Take care of you, man! That's a priority, too. :beer

I'm going use the time the next few days to work on working the workflow better. I need to zone in on the
drum issue and figure out how to route/config my Roland kit to trigger drum-like sounds in my DAW.

Take care of you, man! That's a priority, too. :beer

My ass is firmly planted on my couch, a bong and 3 guitars. Work is going to be rough for a while, there’s no changing that for at least 1 month. I actually got more sh*t done today without my staff than I do on an average day and the funny thing is that they’re hellbent on proving I can’t do the job without them. Really stupid logic because A) I tell them ALL THE TIME I can’t do it without them and B) No human can. It’s impossible. :rofl But they‘re a long story and I’ve come to terms that if I stay there, I have to deal with it. I tend not to think about it as much when I’m playing the guitars that job has afforded me, I just gotta ride it out until they knock it off!

I'm going use the time the next few days to work on working the workflow better. I need to zone in on the
drum issue and figure out how to route/config my Roland kit to trigger drum-like sounds in my DAW.

There’s no way there isn’t a YouTube video using your exact gear!

I saw one you posted with EZ Drummer about 5 years ago. You're in my feed, Holmes!! :beer

I made that for a couple buddies, last time I checked it was somewhere around 14,500 views. If I knew people were going to watch it I most certainly would have put some effort into! :ROFLMAO: I had no clue it was even that high until last year some time and almost fell out of my chair.

We'll see how it goes, but I may upgrade to Superior Drummer soonish. I am going to turn some gear
I am not using into some more studio-centric gear and software. I already dropped quite a bit of coin
on some EZ Packs, so there is that. :idk

We'll see how it goes, but I may upgrade to Superior Drummer soonish. I am going to turn some gear
I am not using into some more studio-centric gear and software. I already dropped quite a bit of coin
on some EZ Packs, so there is that. :idk

Yeah, I had a bunch of EZ packs I just ditched. I didn’t mind too much because SD3 is that good that after blowing $350 on it I didn’t feel guilty about it. I’m not sure I’ll ever buy another expansion after Area 33. I still haven’t opened that up since the 2nd week I had it and I’ve already got kits I need for the music I do within SD3/Metal Machinery.

That said, if I were in your shoes I’d maybe put SD3 on the back burner until you have everything else ready to go. Unless you’re really unsatisfied with the sounds inside EZD to the point they’re making you not dig what you’re doing, it’s hard to justify the upgrade. I only moved to SD3 because I hit the limits of what I could with the sounds in EZD and I base everything I write/record off the drums, sonically and musically.

What week is it? I'm honestly losing track! We had a 6 girl slumber party for my daughter's b-day this weekend so it feels like I worked right through the weekend
XuwnDp.gif

Back