Do Something Challenge Discussion Thread

Bathroom? That has been my Iso Booth before.

I can hear my neighbors talking when I'm in my bathroom and I just assume the same holds true for them, so belting sh*t out in there is probably the worst spot in my place. Great acoustics, yes, but not thick walls. :ROFLMAO:

One of the best natural reverb I ever heard was in a house still under construction, with high vaulted ceilings, and nothing but drywall on the walls & ceilings, and hardwood flooring on the floors. I know I told the story before, but I don't think it was here.
Anyway, it sounded glorious, it was late at night, but even on a Friday nite, the cops did show up and shut us down. Les Paul straight into my Marshall JCM 900 half stack, CRANKED TF UP!

One of the best natural reverb I ever heard was in a house still under construction, with high vaulted ceilings, and nothing but drywall on the walls & ceilings, and hardwood flooring on the floors. I know I told the story before, but I don't think it was here.
Anyway, it sounded glorious, it was late at night, but even on a Friday nite, the cops did show up and shut us down. Les Paul straight into my Marshall JCM 900 half stack, CRANKED TF UP!

That’s why I need to get my ass to the campus I work at after hours, we’ve got two huge ass suites with individual offices of various sizes and shapes, some with hard wood, some with glass walls and carpet, they all sound different and great inside them when singing, I’m just usually starting to do my dozing off/forcing myself awake around that time and never have the energy to pack up the sh*t to drive to work and then start recording. When I first started there I’d bring my acoustic and early in the morning I’d play in the stairwells, that sounded f*cking killer.

I’ll update the progress of the challenge and post up some new drum tracks today. Had a major leak at work last night and had to spend about 12 hours straightening things out, ate up my Sunday!

Just ween us off the tit. Soon. :LOL:

My buddy who I jam with weekly (Helix guy) is on call 10 of every 14 days.
He's chronically sleep-deprived. I don't know how you guys do it. :brick

Maybe I will. Is there a Polka in 2/4?
UnawareMiserlyGenet-max-1mb.gif

Man I lost all momentum the last couple weeks and haven't been able to do much of anything guitar related.

My wife's work started getting crazy and she was working 12-14 hour days. Two of my kids are in sports and ate up my evenings. Then my boss put in his notice and left the company, so I had to scramble to take over most of his work where we're already short staffed.

Things are starting to let up a tick, so I'm hoping to get some time and more than anything mental energy. I've had zero creativity with all this stress.

I've got a high priority goal to finish and post a recording for this week!

Man I lost all momentum the last couple weeks and haven't been able to do much of anything guitar related.

My wife's work started getting crazy and she was working 12-14 hour days. Two of my kids are in sports and ate up my evenings. Then my boss put in his notice and left the company, so I had to scramble to take over most of his work where we're already short staffed.

Things are starting to let up a tick, so I'm hoping to get some time and more than anything mental energy. I've had zero creativity with all this stress.

I've got a high priority goal to finish and post a recording for this week!

I hear ya, man. I didn’t get a single bit of work done last week, aside from coming up with two riffs while sitting on my couch. Thankfully I had Saturday/Sunday to make up for it and got the song finished. I’m actually going to be able to do the vocals for this one! Well…..so long as work doesn’t cripple me with anxiety today. :rofl

And that boss thing you’re dealing with; that’s happened to me 4x in my current position and each time it happens, I end up taking on more work that should be offloaded to my boss but it never turns out that way. It’s almost job security at this point; if they wanted to replace me they’d have to completely re-work the Property Manager and Chief Engineer’s job duties….(and actually make the property manager work a little…..I love my boss, she’s like a mom I never had, but maaaaannn she doesn’t really know what this job entails)

Back