Discgolf / Frisbeegolf ?

SeeD

Roadie
I got into Discgolf 7 years ago (y)
Just wondering if any folks in here is getting some birdie`s ?

Here in norway it`s getting big, at least in the last 3 years..with covid and shit. Folks had to get some fresh air.

Any Jomez fans ?

I’m a huge fan of discgolf!

Started playing about 15 years ago and fell in love with it immediately. There’s some beautiful places to play in New England. Actually, the place we went the most often was Borderland State Park, which is where the filmed exterior shots of the mansion there for the movie Knives Out and some scenes from Shutter Island. The perimeter of the mansion is the discgolf course.

I haven’t played in about 5 years, unfortunately. There’s a few places to go in South Florida but it’s not nearly as fun as it is in New England due to our lack of elevation and basic hills. At most you’re throwing something straight across the land and not up or down a hill down here.

Hahahah, I used to joke with my best friend who got me into it, I’d be playing disc golf while he was playing ‘launchable tree magnets’ :rofl I’ve never seen someone go through so many discs getting them stuck in trees. He lost 4 discs in one day once and rage quit after I tomahawked a disc down a huge hill, sliced through the tree line and nailed a hole in one from nearly 200 yards away. I thought he was just walking to the next hole but as we got to the throw zone he kept walking to his car and yelled out “F*ck this f*cking game!” :ROFLMAO:

Those first games after it’s been a while can be brutal on the shoulders!

I’m a huge fan of discgolf!

Started playing about 15 years ago and fell in love with it immediately. There’s some beautiful places to play in New England. Actually, the place we went the most often was Borderland State Park, which is where the filmed exterior shots of the mansion there for the movie Knives Out and some scenes from Shutter Island. The perimeter of the mansion is the discgolf course.

I haven’t played in about 5 years, unfortunately. There’s a few places to go in South Florida but it’s not nearly as fun as it is in New England due to our lack of elevation and basic hills. At most you’re throwing something straight across the land and not up or down a hill down here.

Hahahah, I used to joke with my best friend who got me into it, I’d be playing disc golf while he was playing ‘launchable tree magnets’ :rofl I’ve never seen someone go through so many discs getting them stuck in trees. He lost 4 discs in one day once and rage quit after I tomahawked a disc down a huge hill, sliced through the tree line and nailed a hole in one from nearly 200 yards away. I thought he was just walking to the next hole but as we got to the throw zone he kept walking to his car and yelled out “F*ck this f*cking game!” :ROFLMAO:

Those first games after it’s been a while can be brutal on the shoulders!
Cool!
I had a mental problem that I was sitting way to much inside..so when i tried discgolf I also fell in love with it right a way. And 7 years later i still love it. But it`s hard on my 46 years old body. But it`s importent for me to be in the woods and in the parks. The vinter here in Norway is sooo loong. It` s offseason here now. Might be snow soon.

I love seeing the disc fly.
I even got second in the norway championship this summer..that was fun :beer

Cool!
I had a mental problem that I was sitting way to much inside..so when i tried discgolf I also fell in love with it right a way. And 7 years later i still love it. But it`s hard on my 46 years old body. But it`s importent for me to be in the woods and in the parks. The vinter here in Norway is sooo loong. It` s offseason here now. Might be snow soon.

I love seeing the disc fly.
I even got second in the norway championship this summer..that was fun :beer

That’s awesome!

I seem to have on days and off days, I’ve never been a consistent player. I also realized how much weather conditions can wreak havoc on the game; a slight breeze, crazy humidity or very dry air, they all change the way the disc travels and a huge part of the game is figuring that out. Some days up there it’d be so humid you’d swear the disc would get stuck in the air.

But yeah, that is a great aspect of playing; getting out in the woods. While I’ve played a couple manicured parks that are like golf courses, the majority of places I’ve played are in the woods. I’d imagine the forests in Norway aren’t too different than the forests in New England, which is my favorite piece of nature in the world.

That’s awesome!

I seem to have on days and off days, I’ve never been a consistent player. I also realized how much weather conditions can wreak havoc on the game; a slight breeze, crazy humidity or very dry air, they all change the way the disc travels and a huge part of the game is figuring that out. Some days up there it’d be so humid you’d swear the disc would get stuck in the air.

But yeah, that is a great aspect of playing; getting out in the woods. While I’ve played a couple manicured parks that are like golf courses, the majority of places I’ve played are in the woods. I’d imagine the forests in Norway aren’t too different than the forests in New England, which is my favorite piece of nature in the world.
I the weather is a motherfucker sometimes, the wind and rain. But I`l love the rain more then the snow.
I hope you find the time to throw some discs again in the future.
It`s how i stay fit, so I hope I love it for years to come

I started playing in Santa Cruz in the mid 90s, took a few years off, and picked it up again when I moved to San Diego in '99. Its really swelled in popularity since Covid and there's usually a wait to begin the round. I don't throw super far, but I'm deadly in my short game. :LOL:

Its certainly much cheaper and less frustrating than real golf!

I used to play some 20+ years ago. I'd play in tournaments across the state, even placed in a couple of them. I'm not really sure why I stopped playing, probably other life interests/distractions. I still have all my discs from back then. I guess at this point they'd be considered vintage discs.

I started playing in Santa Cruz in the mid 90s, took a few years off, and picked it up again when I moved to San Diego in '99. Its really swelled in popularity since Covid and there's usually a wait to begin the round. I don't throw super far, but I'm deadly in my short game. :LOL:

Its certainly much cheaper and less frustrating than real golf!
Sweet, I wish I started when I was younger., I was 38 .
The short game is good to have, and put greate.. hehe

I used to play some 20+ years ago. I'd play in tournaments across the state, even placed in a couple of them. I'm not really sure why I stopped playing, probably other life interests/distractions. I still have all my discs from back then. I guess at this point they'd be considered vintage discs.
You have some `gold` in your old bag I guess then, hehe
Some discs are going for insane prices these days. Discs are 20 dollar isj new here in Norway. But I see some older once go for 40 - 50.

Hope you let the discs fly once more soon

Wow. I've never seen Disc Golf before. And now thanks to this thread, I've just watched an hour of it. I could really get into that.

It's a blast, especially when the weather is perfect outside! Like Seed was saying, it gets you out in nature because a lot of the courses are in the woods and not on manicured lawns and you get some physical activity going, you'd be surprised what throwing a disc for a few hours does to ya!

And it's cheap! Like Seed was saying above, you can get discs for really cheap or you can spend some bucks on more expensive ones. They're different weights/builds, so you've got drivers and putters just like you do in golf. I started off with just a single disc and played like that for a couple years. If you're the adventurous type (or drunk enough) you might find yourself climbing some trees occasionally to retrieve a disc....and you'll often find particular trees that collect discs because of their location. I've came home with a few extras when the courses haven't had a lost and found/ticket booth. That's the other part of it being cheap, most of the courses I've played on are free and it seems disc golfers enjoy clean courses because I've rarely seen trash and sh*t laying around.

I'm sure you already saw the different kinds of throws and whatnot, there's all kinds of fun to be had when you make up your own rules. We'd go on a smaller course and say "Only drivers and tomahawk throws". Definitely look for a course in your area. While it's more fun to get 2-3 friends with you, I've definitely enjoyed a good amount of solo games.

Wow. Turns out there's a small Disc Golf fairway in my town. I literally had no idea such things existed this afternoon!
That is awesome.
The way i got into it was i had an Axe Fx Ultra or a II and i was watching a video by miko from ML sound lab on youtube haha, were he was using the Axe Fx, and after i watch that i was looking for more videos..and he had a few Discgolf videos..and i was like..hmmm i have seen these baskets in a park near me is this what that is. So i ran down to the sports store and got 3 discs. 1 Putter ( Use this the most as this will show how your doing it wrong) 1 Midrange and 1 Fairway Driver. If you stick with the Putter and Midrange you will get it faster then if you only use a Fairway driver

It`s funny how we get intudused to things.. If i had not a Axe Fx, it would have taken me some time to find the sport. So thanks to Miko :LOL:

I hope you find it fun when you test it.
There a so many course`s now everywere in the world. Some take 40 minutes ( 9 Holes) and some take 2,5 houres ( 18 long holes )
If you download UDisc on your phone you get to keep score and you will find more courses on the app

Eco on all the things Drew said.

have fun, if you would like to see some nice videos i can share them with you. I like to watch Jomes Pro on youtube

Last edited:
Wow. Turns out there's a small Disc Golf fairway in my town. I literally had no idea such things existed this afternoon!
This one will make you a fan fast, if you make it to the end of video 2. So there is a F9 ( front 9 holes) and a B9 ( Back 9 holes) In the end you will see one of the best shots in discgolf history, with everything on the line.

Here you go, this is from last year 2021 PDGA Pro World Championships

I have a frisbee golf course about two miles from me. Never once played. Not sure why. Might need to try it with this thread as the motivation :ROFLMAO:

I could google it, but how many holes are there in a frisbee golf course and about how long does a round take? What are some decent beginner frisbees? This might be a cool thing to try with my son over the holiday breaks.

I could google it, but how many holes are there in a frisbee golf course and about how long does a round take? What are some decent beginner frisbees? This might be a cool thing to try with my son over the holiday breaks.
The course can be 6 - 9 - 12 - 18 - 24 - 27 holes. I like to play on 18 and up to 27 holes. A good 18 holes course is magic, you get a bit tired.
9 Holes is to quick for my liking, but can be good to start with.
An Open course is easy..in the woods it`s harder ( you have to hit lines) or you can kick of a tree and have nothing to work with.
Holes can be Par 3 - 4 or 5. And a hole can be short 150 or very long 1000 feet

So 9 holes with you and your son..might take 40 - 60 minutes
18 holes in the woods might take 1.30 to 2,5 hours

I would get a starter kit with 3 discs. Putter, Midrange,Fairway Driver
Lat.64 sells this and Innova sells this. If they dont have starter kits i would buy a Lat 64 Pure Putter ( I Have it in soft) or a Aviator from Innova
Midrange i would get a Maco 3 from Innova ( it flyes strait with a finish to the left ( right handed)
Fairway Driver i would get a Leopard from Innova or a Valkyrie from Innova

There are number on the discs - lets take the Maco 3 it has 5-5-0-0
First number is Speed, next number is Glide , next is Turn, next is Fade

I would not go higher that speed 7 the first year of playing. Max 9.

So a disc can have these number as well... 7 5 -2 1 ( the -2 is how mutch the disk turn to the right (This disc can be `understable ) `before fading with a finish to the left
These numbers is only real if you then throw the discs at speed 7, lower or higer then these numbers don`t match
7 - 4 - 3 - 0 is an `Overstable` disc as the last to number is 3 - 0, so i would throw this into a headwind, but use the other disc 7 5 -2 1 or the 5 - 5 - 0 - 0 midrange if it is a tailwind

It`s best to throw a slow disc in the begining. Midrange and Putter
I throw a putter up to 262 feet, or a Midrange up to 323 feet but that is after 7 years of playing all the time :chef
When 130 feet from the basket use the putter

I can give you some video links

Last edited:
FYI, don't call it frisbee golf. Disc golf players hate that with a passion. :ROFLMAO:

Back