Crazy fun with AI generated images - give me your requests and I'll crank them out!

SwirlyMaple

Shredder
For those who aren't aware of this yet, there are now a number of AI tools that will create images from your written prompts, where you describe what you want and it churns it out. There's a free, open-source one that runs locally on your own computer instead of a cloud called StableDiffusion.

There are some awesome samples here: https://www.reddit.com/r/StableDiffusion/

And if anyone wants to install it for themselves on their own computer, here is a great guide on how to do it (note, you do need a pretty good GPU):

For anyone curious how this works, here's my rudimentary understanding: it begins with a random seed which is basically just a bunch of image noise. From there the trained algorithm behaves a bit like how we identify shapes in clouds -- it "sees" things that fit the goals from the prompt, and iterates and refines the noise until it shapes up into images. It can create any number of different outcomes from the same starting prompt, where the final result is based on the huge number of words and images it was trained with. I'm just learning the basics, but the people who are well-versed with these tools can get results that you would think are real images. It's crazy.

So without further ado, here are some of my first results:

"a close-up portrait of a cat by pablo picasso, vivid, abstract art, colorful, vibrant"
00001.png

"a photograph of a steam locomotive train with train cars full of gigantic peaches, vivid, photorealistic, magical, fantasy, 8K UHD, photography"
00010.png

00011.png

"a photograph of Jimi Hendrix with a flaming 1962 Fender Stratocaster at the Monterey Pop Festival in 1967, vivid, photorealistic, 8K UHD, photography" (I accidentally erased the prompt I used for this one, can't remember the exact wording but it was something like that)

00027.png

00025.png

"a photograph of Jimi Hendrix playing a shiny trombone while sitting on a toadstool-shaped chair, vivid, photorealistic, 8K UHD, photography, psychedelic"
00031.png

00032.png

Last edited:
If you want me to try some of your requests, just write them in a format like this:

"a photograph of Jimi Hendrix playing a shiny trombone while sitting on a toadstool-shaped chair, vivid, photorealistic, 8K UHD, photography, psychedelic"

The more details and descriptors you use, the better it seems to work. Each prompt will generate 5 different output images that I'll post here. It only takes about a minute to create each set of results. :)

Yngwie Malmsteen playing blues with B.B. King while stepping on John Mayer's face with one foot and on Joe Bonamassa's face with the other foot dramatic photorealistic vivid misty
Well, I tried this one many times with many different variants, but it seems to not understand what it looks like when somebody stands on another person's face. I guess since it's trained with real photographs and images, it probably doesn't have a lot to draw upon for that, lol.

But, as a consolation, I did "Yngwie Malmsteen punching John Mayer in the face, dramatic, photorealistic, vivid, misty, photography", and we got some interesting ones:
00105.png

00106.png

00108.png

00098.png

It's mother fu@king skynet with a paint brush...lol
It's actually frightening how realistic some of the stuff is that I've seen others post. There's a certain syntax to the prompts to get the best results that I haven't really figured out yet, but the more common the subject is, the more it will have seen to be trained with it. There's also a way to seed it with a sketch or any other image (e.g. 8 bit video game character), and have it construct realistic faces from them. Wild stuff!

It's actually frightening how realistic some of the stuff is that I've seen others post. There's a certain syntax to the prompts to get the best results that I haven't really figured out yet, but the more common the subject is, the more it will have seen to be trained with it. There's also a way to seed it with a sketch or any other image (e.g. 8 bit video game character), and have it construct realistic faces from them. Wild stuff!
Yeah... especially the end of the world stuff is freaky...like the last selfie on earth pictures. Still pretty cool bro. Thanks for sharing

Back