Can you hear the difference?/WTF Lekato?

The thread is 6 months old, regardless.
I know, but I am still wondering.

After seeing these graphs I wonder how much the L6 G30s suck out of my bass tone in the band...

About that WL20: Do you have EMG guitars? Read about problems with active pickups and some wireless bc of the TRS jack.

Lekato just sent me a WS-70 to review, video coming next week probably... But from my first try it doesn't perform that bad, it has an impressive range compared to others and no latency being analog, but surely has some issues, the most noticeable being a volume drop (approximately 3dB) and I think a not properly balanced compander.
Which makes it great for my little travel rig but that's about it. I don't want to have to readjust presets for when I switch this thing in/out of a rig.

I know, but I am still wondering.

After seeing these graphs I wonder how much the L6 G30s suck out of my bass tone in the band...

About that WL20: Do you have EMG guitars? Read about problems with active pickups and some wireless bc of the TRS jack.
No EMGs. I first heard problems with a piezo-equipped Parker, which made sense, but now I’m getting the same problem with a totally passive Jem Jr. That’s inexcusable IMO. The TRS jack is just a little too clever - more of a liability than a value add.

Which makes it great for my little travel rig but that's about it. I don't want to have to readjust presets for when I switch this thing in/out of a rig.
Don't know which modeler you're using but on fractal you can compensate for the level difference globally via the input gain parameter in the I/O menu, if set at 1.414 it gives you exactly a 3dB boost.
Bit of a pita though, cuz it's easy to forget to set it back to 1 when using a cable and still doesn't compensate for the slight tonal/dynamic differences.

Don't know which modeler you're using but on fractal you can compensate for the level difference globally via the input gain parameter in the I/O menu, if set at 1.414 it gives you exactly a 3dB boost.
Bit of a pita though, cuz it's easy to forget to set it back to 1 when using a cable and still doesn't compensate for the slight tonal/dynamic differences.
Helix/Stomp. I wish it had an input gain/trim besides the global/per preset ~6db pad.

These things live with my Spark Go and Hofner Shorty for travel so there are plenty of weak links in the chain already :poop: . The compander issue becomes very apparent with funk/country level compression at least with the Spark.

Here's my review

Nice video, great work!

The compander explanation makes a lot of sense for the loss of signal. Other than that I'd say the device is damn good although I did have a few loud stabs of static interference yesterday while playing at a very close range at a backyard kids party, which suprised me as I've taken the WS-70 on a trip and walked from one hotel room to another still getting signal.

What would really be cool is if they were to release a firmware update to address the signal loss/compander issue but judging from the way their customer service representatives act, I doubt it!

I came to post the same "what do you expect for $40" but was surprised to see the tired old "made in China" B.S.

P.S. The $500 benchmark Shure GLXD16+ is MADE IN CHINA.

:mad:

Last edited:
Nice video, great work!

The compander explanation makes a lot of sense for the loss of signal. Other than that I'd say the device is damn good although I did have a few loud stabs of static interference yesterday while playing at a very close range at a backyard kids party, which suprised me as I've taken the WS-70 on a trip and walked from one hotel room to another still getting signal.

What would really be cool is if they were to release a firmware update to address the signal loss/compander issue but judging from the way their customer service representatives act, I doubt it!
I doubt the firmware on these things can be updated... And an analog one probably doesn't have a firmware at all, I guess the compander is analog as well.

Lekato might not even be the company which design/build these, cuz on aliexpress there are a bunch of identical transmitters with different branding

I came to post the same "what do you expect for $40"
Had you did, you would have missed the point entirely like anyone else who has already made that same statement.

I wasn't expecting much from the $40 unit from the company but I was expecting a little more from the customer service department of the company.

Cheap shit is cheap shit, I get that - but to make your customers jump through stupid hoops just to claim denial is dumb shit and that's really what this thread was about in the first place.

Here's my review

Great vid ! Still enjoying the WS-70 I bought.....in fact, I got a second one so that I can just swap them out when they need recharging!

Like I mentioned before, the small global eq adjustment in the Axe-Fx (and the price) makes for a great product as far as I'm concerned.
biggrin.gif

Back