Brian Wampler / Wampler Pedals AMA

nah, I wouldn't think so. I've never had anything like that happened or known anyone else that did either but especially playing at lower bedroom volumes it should be just fine. I probably wouldn't run a bass guitar through it at full volume or something like that.
On another forum, the running theory was that it was possibly current (I believe) that went from the power amp (Seymour Duncan Powerstage) to the speakers.

Hi Brian I saw a clip earlier from an older chasing tone episode with you, Travis and Max. I've seen Travis on a few vids on your channel in the last year or so but what's Max up to these days?

Hi Brian I saw a clip earlier from an older chasing tone episode with you, Travis and Max. I've seen Travis on a few vids on your channel in the last year or so but what's Max up to these days?
Max and his wife had a child and he ended up moving several hours away so I don't really get a chance to see him much these days :(
The times I've talked to him though he seems to be doing great!

Max and his wife had a child and he ended up moving several hours away so I don't really get a chance to see him much these days :(
Now we’re stuck with Jon Cryer and Stewie Griffin. 😂

Thanks Brian. It's nice to know he's keeping well, even if you don't get to see him much.

I’m seeing a lot of Marshall-in-a-box pedals come across my screen lately. If the Plexi-Drive wasn’t the first of these pedals, it certainly was the first one to put the concept on the map. So in honor of that, I think we need a pithy name for all the new pedals inspired by you creation, like how there is “Klones” for the Klon style pedals out there. I propose the following title for all new MIAB pedals:

Wamplicate

Hello Brian Happy Holidays !!
Watching 5 watt world history on the Ibanez TS, there was a clip where Josh Scott mentioned that the IC OpAMP does not make much difference
was wondering your take on this ?
PS your Videos are some of the best out there, Love your work (y)

Last edited:
@Wampler Pedals I have one that has been baffling me for a few months. I remembered today that this thread is on here so I thought I would try just asking the man himself. I noticed 2x3 pinheads in the Pantheon Deluxe, Gearbox and now in the new version of the Euphoria. What in the world are those for?

I saw in a video with Andy Wood that he mentioned there was a switch inside the Gearbox that lowers the sensitivity of the input. I think that is the 1x3 jumper I see in there. I am very curious as to what the 2x3 pinheads are for. I thought it may be something for programming a processor or chip in them as someone suggested to me. However, when I decided to give the Euphoria another try, I found the pinheads in this pedal as well. I know this is the same circuit as the first generation pedal so that threw my thinking a bit.

I've always been a HUGE George Lynch fan, and earlier queensryche, skid row first two albums, earlier Ratt stuff. A lot of the cliched 80s "metal" or rock is what I grew up on, so it kind of holds a nostalgic special place for me.
Same here Mr. Wampler. So you will understand when I say all we need is a pedal that sounds just like the guitar on the Accept - Balls To The Wall album lol. The tone on that album was identical to my white 25th anniversary Marshall. I really liked my Super Plextorion wish I still had it :) Have a great day !

Same here Mr. Wampler. So you will understand when I say all we need is a pedal that sounds just like the guitar on the Accept - Balls To The Wall album lol. The tone on that album was identical to my white 25th anniversary Marshall. I really liked my Super Plextorion wish I still had it :) Have a great day !
That opening riff is gold! It has all of the elements that make you immediately reach for the volume knob and crank it up. I love the sound of the cannon toms in the beginning of that song too. That is one of my crank it songs from way back in the day.

Back