Brian Wampler / Wampler Pedals AMA

@Wampler Pedals My understanding is that the Tumnus in the Gearbox has different gain sweep (makes sense; very useable!) - are there any other differences in that side of the Gearbox design vs the Tumnus?

@Wampler Pedals My understanding is that the Tumnus in the Gearbox has different gain sweep (makes sense; very useable!) - are there any other differences in that side of the Gearbox design vs the Tumnus?
the volume sweep is actually the main thing we changed in that. We also cleaned up some of the power filtering that the original Klon circuit didn't have. Other than that it's pretty much the same! Andy's goal with that was to make noon on the volume be somewhat close to unity volume for him.

I've always been a HUGE George Lynch fan, and earlier queensryche, skid row first two albums, earlier Ratt stuff. A lot of the cliched 80s "metal" or rock is what I grew up on, so it kind of holds a nostalgic special place for me.
I use a Pantheon Deluxe and a custom dual TS style pedal for hair metal stuff.

At some point, I really need to buy a Paisley Deluxe. I sold it because I didn't care for the Paisley Drive side at the time with the setup I had (Two Notes Le Clean into a Powerstage 170 into a cab with T75s).

I've always been a HUGE George Lynch fan, and earlier queensryche, skid row first two albums, earlier Ratt stuff. A lot of the cliched 80s "metal" or rock is what I grew up on, so it kind of holds a nostalgic special place for me.
Immaculate taste, I'd expect no less!

One more while we're at it. What was the biggest challenge about getting the Triumph/Phenom off the ground, and what are the biggest dificulties/advantages from a design standpoint between making a pedal to a specific price point and something "boutique".

Immaculate taste, I'd expect no less!

One more while we're at it. What was the biggest challenge about getting the Triumph/Phenom off the ground, and what are the biggest dificulties/advantages from a design standpoint between making a pedal to a specific price point and something "boutique".
No huge challenges really, it's more about the procedure. To make an inexpensive product of any kind you have to minimize your most expensive cost. With pedals it's labor and overhead. Using an overseas source for manufacturing is only way to do that.

Aside from that, I'm not sure how to really define "boutique" anymore. I look at us more like a 'high end' brand, but I think "Boutique Guitar Pedals" is something where supply is very limited, and maybe less than 5 employees or something like that. That model basically means you go the route of having a waiting list and making each pedal one by one. That's not our model though.

Assuming here that it's something already in production. I'd probably take one of our Gearbox pedals, as it is very versatile for the kind of things I play.
How about assuming that it's not something already in production...? :whistle

How much more work are these DSP multi-effect pedals compared to analog pedals?

Last edited:
Hello Brian, question is your Belle OD pedal your take on the Nobels ODR-1 ?

Cheers

Hello Brian, question is your Belle OD pedal your take on the Nobels ODR-1 ?

Cheers
Didn't the video answer that question? Not sure.

Back