Brian Wampler / Wampler Pedals AMA

Hello Brian, question is your Belle OD pedal your take on the Nobels ODR-1 ?

Cheers
the odr-1 is what the belle is based on.

Thanks for being here! I’m curious what’s exciting you in the gear world these days - whether that’s an actual piece of gear or a component or a trend.

Hi, Brian. If you're still answering questions, I have an interesting one. I am curious if distortion pedals can screw up speakers played at low (bedroom) volumes. I never played all that loud with them (mostly so the neighbors didn't get annoyed/pissed).

The signal chain was EMG 85/60A (24v) -> overdrive pedal (usually a TS style) -> distortion pedal (usually a Rat style) -> Two Notes Le Clean -> Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 -> Randall Lynchbox 412 (with 4 Eminence Super V12 150w speakers) @ 8ohm. This also happened with two T75s later when I replaced the Super V12s.

I am unsure what could've ruined them, but one minute they sounded fine at that volume, and the next minute, they sounded like horse shit with gain. I'm mainly curious in case I go back into the guitar speaker realm again (currently use a Two Notes Cab M+ and Headrush FRFR112).

Hi, Brian. If you're still answering questions, I have an interesting one. I am curious if distortion pedals can screw up speakers played at low (bedroom) volumes. I never played all that loud with them (mostly so the neighbors didn't get annoyed/pissed).

The signal chain was EMG 85/60A (24v) -> overdrive pedal (usually a TS style) -> distortion pedal (usually a Rat style) -> Two Notes Le Clean -> Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 -> Randall Lynchbox 412 (with 4 Eminence Super V12 150w speakers) @ 8ohm. This also happened with two T75s later when I replaced the Super V12s.

I am unsure what could've ruined them, but one minute they sounded fine at that volume, and the next minute, they sounded like horse shit with gain. I'm mainly curious in case I go back into the guitar speaker realm again (currently use a Two Notes Cab M+ and Headrush FRFR112).
nah, I wouldn't think so. I've never had anything like that happened or known anyone else that did either but especially playing at lower bedroom volumes it should be just fine. I probably wouldn't run a bass guitar through it at full volume or something like that.

Thanks for being here! I’m curious what’s exciting you in the gear world these days - whether that’s an actual piece of gear or a component or a trend.
Honestly, I'm always pretty excited about a variety of things, but I'm pretty excited about what's happening in the NAM modeling open source world right now. As far as analog I'm pretty old school - but I always get love it when I see companies doing new things in the analog world in regards to creating overdrive and distortion circuits.

Honestly, I'm always pretty excited about a variety of things, but I'm pretty excited about what's happening in the NAM modeling open source world right now. As far as analog I'm pretty old school - but I always get love it when I see companies doing new things in the analog world in regards to creating overdrive and distortion circuits.
Same. I’m waiting for someone to come out with a device optimized to run NAM captures, similar to the TONEX Pedal. That would be killer. Hint hint.

Back