BOSS Katana GO

For me, the unit to support any kind of half-decent foot controller will likely be the one I might buy, simply because in that case I could as well use it as a backup.
I get where you're coming from, but by the time you buy a product like Katana Go and then throw together some kind of foot control arrangement for it, the overall cost starts to approach something like a POD Go (or cheaper competition) anyway. With which you'd have better integration, programmability, reliability, etc.

Maybe best to just let these ultra-miniature devices be what they're intended to be - practice tools - and go with something else entirely for a live and/or backup rig.

P.S. Does anyone want to buy my Mooer Prime P2? Doloris? Doloris?

I get where you're coming from, but by the time you buy a product like Katana Go and then throw together some kind of foot control arrangement for it, the overall cost starts to approach something like a POD Go (or cheaper competition) anyway. With which you'd have better integration, programmability, reliability, etc.

Well, while you're 100% spot on, thing is, for these kinda things, I'd actually like them to be a separate sound device and foot control. Main device would be an "always in gigbag" item while the floor controller would be somewhere else.
Also, the Mooer P2 plus Mooers own foot control (which seems to work quite decently) are around €200 less than a Pod Go. Let alone the Pod Go doesn't work without external power.

Boss and Line6 stay awake nights figuring out how to shoe horn existing tech into ever smaller and smaller units, instead of improving their core products. Prosumer paradise.
Yeah, no. Helix Floor's core engine, architecture, sonics, features, and model set have been improved more over its lifespan than any single MI product I can think of. Prove me wrong.

If you mean cranking out new hardware products every year that barely improve upon anything from the previous generation, then there are a dozen knock-off companies anyone could point to.

<ahem>

On topic, now we all know what BOSS' upcoming flagship's scribble strips will look like. :giggle:

Last edited:
On further inspection: That footswitch is actually looking quite dope. 2 CTL inputs, EXP input, MIDI, can apparently be configured properly.
Caveats: No USB charging, needs batteries for completely wireless operation. Not even a hint of a display (at least some numerical display IMO would've been helpful).

Anyhow, for €245 tutto completti that's quite a nice bundle. And them being Boss, it will indeed "just work".

Maybe if everyone stopped consuming so much, especially stupid little disposable items, maybe they would focus more on putting out more serious stuff...
Totally agree…. These nickle and dime units waste resources and time on flagship units. The pod express is all plastic junk and this is lame

Boss and Line6 stay awake nights figuring out how to shoe horn existing tech into ever smaller and smaller units, instead of improving their core products. Prosumer paradise.

Fractal FTW,
I think they release stuff like this to be relative and look like they are actually making products in the space between serious releases. Looks good on paper to the board I would guess. I remember line 6 releasing new stuff that had old model engines in it and I always wondered who would buy it?

I think they release stuff like this to be relative and look like they are actually making products in the space between serious releases. Looks good on paper to the board I would guess. I remember line 6 releasing new stuff that had old model engines in it and I always wondered who would buy it?
Yea, design something useless, tool up and produce it, ship and promote it, simply to gaslight people into thinking you are doing something when you really are not. :facepalm

By the way, “the Board” doesn’t respond to hype. They watch the numbers go up and smile…go down too much and they are out for a pound of flesh.

So your theory it’s all just to fool them by constantly releasing something no one buys is nonsensical.

So i watched the video for this thing. It's pretty sweet.

It's a modern Korg Pandora, allowing you to slow down songs, loop parts, have effects auto change at whatever timestamp so you can play your weird prog shoe gaze stuff without moving your foot. It doesn't allow you to record, but it's an interface.

It's also what everyone asked for from the waza airs. "lemme choose my headphones, just give me amp modelling and spatial technology. Don't care about the amp spinning around my head. This should knock down the price by 1 Billion Dollars. Also, allow me to route the audio externally. "

Dangit, whoever buys whatsisface's Mooer prime can also buy my gently used Waza Airs

Back