Anyone who wants AMAZING sounding in-ears/headphones for $16... read this!

They are now $189 (assuming you get the $10 new account (new email) discount. Might get a tad lower around Black Friday.

Amazing set of open back headphones ... but more for studio/home than live use.

Hard for any IEM to sound the same as openbacks. Just different, not better. Much easier to wear for long periods....

I bought my HD650 cans right before the Massdrop versions came out. I spent a little under $300 for an "open box" (really just a heavily damaged box) and almost kicked myself when the Massdrops came out weeks later at a reduced price

Look at y’all with your fancy HD650’s. I’m sitting here still rocking these bad boys:

E29FEC46-83A4-4DEA-B6FE-8F0B231DE6A2.jpeg

so those headphones can work with any modeler or profiler?
Yes. I believe the Massdrop HD650s have the 3.5mm jacks with an included adapter for quarter inch TRS. The Sennheiser set I have are the other way around, quarter inch stock barrel with an included adapter to get it down to 3.5mm. Should work with everything from an iPod from 2010 to an AxeFX3

Yeah, the HD250’s are very anemic in the lower range. But I’ve been using them for over 30 years so I’m very familiar with them.
I had used the M40X for quite some time with a Pod HD and Korg Pandora, and later Helix.

It was only a real eye-opener when I decided to use them for mixing class assignments went I went back to school. We'd play our songs the next week over the class PA (QSC address tops with sub) and my low end would be out of control. In the cans I had no idea.

I tried these with one of those lekato wireless systems, but that thing sucks...I see the Xvive one but its 2.4g and mono only. Has anyone tried a good version of this? Is the NUX one ok?

Yes. I believe the Massdrop HD650s have the 3.5mm jacks with an included adapter for quarter inch TRS. The Sennheiser set I have are the other way around, quarter inch stock barrel with an included adapter to get it down to 3.5mm. Should work with everything from an iPod from 2010 to an AxeFX3
after reading lot of reviews i ordered the HD600

so those headphones can work with any modeler or profiler?

The HD650's et. al. are 300ohm impedance, but high sensitivity.

Unless the headphone amp on the modeler is a poor, cheap one, it should be fine. Audiophiles, bass heads, and people that want their headphones extremely loud might have qualms, but most would be ok.

HD600 update:

i like the HD600 with my Kemper favorite profiles(sound awesome)
didnt like the HD600 with the Axe 3 the sound is harsh,could be because the Axe 3 Headphone output is 35 Ω
next i need to test th HD600 with the Neural QC

I just read this whole thread.

I've just ordered the SalNotes Zero and the Kiwi Cadenza.

They're supposed to arrive Sunday.

Interested to hear how they stack up to my 64 Audio V6S custom molds and how they compare to the Ollo S4X headphones that have recently replaced my HD-650s.

Back