Anyone who wants AMAZING sounding in-ears/headphones for $16... read this!

I'm not even sure why they would call these Chu2. They are absolutely nothing like the Chu1. Totally, totally different when A/B listening to music this morning. I actually prefer the 2 now for music. I'm finding it depends on the gene of music and sometimes even album to album by the same artist.

Good grief! Like I need another thing to obsessively compare back to back. How many $20-$50 IEMs and differnt Tips could you go through until you find the ONE... which of course, there isn't.

It reminds me of something someone (I think it was Wookie or Wizzenby) said on here when talking about the Synergy stuff. "How to build a $4000 rig $400 at a time."

A year latter and you've got several hundered dollars worth of $20-$50 IEMs and Ear Tips sitting around. :wat Death by 1000 cuts.

Last edited:
A year latter and you've got several hundered dollars worth of $20-$50 IEMs and Ear Tips sitting around. :wat Death by 1000 cuts.
Let's go ahead an not take a look in my bottom drawer, TYVM :bag
today i tried some ear tips from all my iems I have bought over the years, i tried the L ear tips and to my surprise the CHU sound was more full,punchy with more bass,now im going to order some L SpinFit ear tips,but im honest really happy with the sound im getting with those L ear tips i tried today,no idea what brand are those L ear tips:idk
My favorite tips are from the MEE MX3 buds I spent too much on. Medium in one ear and large in another. Perfect seal for me. People can walk into my room and Ill have no idea they're creeping up on me. I use those tips on everything but lately they have been living on the OG CHU and haven't come off. Everything else can FRO

I used the tinhifi's today for a large outdoor venue - and I have to say they were perfect for me, including the foam tips they came with. I could hear crystal clear at any point on the extremely large stage - very cool! Now if only the IEM mix was a little better...

Ok, y’all piqued my interest with all this $16 IEM bullshit.

Someone want to give me the TL;DR so I don’t have to wade through ten pages of buyers’ remorse?

My Chu's showed up yesterday. A+ for package design. Will try them out later and report back.

Too bad I just spent $499 on the Slate VSX Platinum Edition. :bag

But seriously… I have never enjoyed playing guitar through headphones before. After I got used to the VSX‘ „monitor in the room“ sound I can honestly say that the hype around them is more than justified. It‘s just a totally different experience compared to regular headphones, in a positive way.

me too i still looking for that Headphones that can sound like monitors
Audeze LCD-2 works for me (the first model, not the "Classic"). I've been using them for the last 9 years without missing the monitors. What I tweak through them translates perfectly to the monitors. They are not cheap, though 😅😅😅

It has begun. I like the included foam tips, but I’ll have to experiment with the others to balance a strong fit and seal vs comfort for extended listening.

I don’t have a bunch of reference points other than some “studio headphones” and my AirPods, but these sound nice nonetheless. Bass is punchy. Guitars are crispy. Vocals are clear.

The crispness of the guitars is the only thing that has me wondering if I’ll prefer another set to these. We shall find out when Linsoul delivers.

IMG_6455.jpeg

Room and monitor emulation SW (slate vsx, waves NX)

Mine also has a specific eq correction curve for my pair of headphones (from the factory; unit specific).

Studio speakers blend and also aren’t positioned 180° … often 60° (equilateral, triangle), the SW recreates this and then I can blend in the studio “room” to taste.

For earbuds the best I found so far (and unfortunately they’re not an expensive and they’re run by the borg)… The latest Apple AirPod pros that can map your outer ear are very good. They won’t play very loudly however.

The Senny HD650's nailed that for me. I was wearing them, forgot I was wearing them, received a FB notification ding, and I thought it came from my monitors. Looked up and my monitors were off and it freaked me out.

They just get too uncomfortable to wear after a while, especially in the hot summer weeks.

Room and monitor emulation SW (slate vsx, waves NX)

Mine also has a specific eq correction curve for my pair of headphones (from the factory; unit specific).

Studio speakers blend and also aren’t positioned 180° … often 60° (equilateral, triangle), the SW recreates this and then I can blend in the studio “room” to taste.
the thing is that i connect my headphones or in ears direct to my units Axe 3,Kemper and QC

The open backs are going to be much more comfortable than any closed back design. In Ears (no backs?) are hard to beat in terms of ventilation.
It's rather nitpicky but the foam on some headphones can get hot and itchy -- add eczema, facial hair and glasses. It always seems I'm using headphones the most in the summer when my family is home. No-backs have been my favorite. Can wear them up to a few hours before the ear canals get sore.

It's rather nitpicky but the foam on some headphones can get hot and itchy -- add eczema, facial hair and glasses. It always seems I'm using headphones the most in the summer when my family is home. No-backs have been my favorite. Can wear them up to a few hours before the ear canals get sore.

At least on the Sennheiser cans there are many aftermarket options for new pads.

Technically they might change the EQ a tad. Not sure this applies to most readers here, but if your mixing and need that ultimate reference headset you may want to stay with stock. Not sure I'd notice the difference....

I do like how open backs sound; more open with some left/right cross talk. IEM's sound great, but different, more isolated.

Last edited:
I just grabbed a set of these KZ ZS10 Pros for $50 - 5 drivers:

I really like them. More low and high than the TinHifi T3 plus - especially noticeably more lows/sub range and substantially louder senstivity.

Back