Anyone who wants AMAZING sounding in-ears/headphones for $16... read this!

Meh. The KZ ZS10Pro just sounds overhyped in the treble to me compared to the newer IEMS targeting the “Harmon” curve. I could see them working well for people that play in bands where there’s a ton of low end on stage though to help cut through the mix. I’ve found that the 7hz timeless (which are admittedly a lot more $$$ than most of these) sound much more natural while still providing high end detail.

-Aaron

The KZ AS10 set were my first IEMs. They were okay, big and not very comfortable, hyped bass and treble. I gave them away.

Used the Moondrops at practice yesterday.

Pros:
  • Sound great with excellent clarity
  • Fairly comfortable
  • Good sound isolation
Cons:
  • The over-ear "hooks" came loose every time I took one out of my ear. Probably wasted 10 minutes screwing with those.
  • No volume control (not sure this is a thing on any option of these, but would be nice to have...)
My drummer uses foam ear tips and said they seal much better, so I may try those too. Also think I may just wrap some tape on the hooks to keep the wire from popping out of them.

Overall, they made practice a lot better.

you mean the Chu?do you use a headphones amp?
Yes, Chu Moondrops.

We jimmy-rigged a bunch of cables and adapters to run the in-ears from an iPhone. Having the ability to adjust the volume for myself only would be great, but not sure that's a doable thing with economy IEMs.

Having the ability to adjust the volume for myself only would be great, but not sure that's a doable thing with economy IEMs.

You can put a small, battery powered headphone amp inline or you can buy a cable with a passive volume control that has 3.5mm female on one end and male on the other.

Yes, Chu Moondrops.

We jimmy-rigged a bunch of cables and adapters to run the in-ears from an iPhone. Having the ability to adjust the volume for myself only would be great, but not sure that's a doable thing with economy IEMs.

I'll echo myself and recommend grabbing Behringer P2 again lol :D

I don't get how you would use this stuff with an iPhone...How do you send the audio to the iphone at low enough latencies to use for in ears at a show or something?

Just ordered some linsouls myself. My shures have been acting funny and leading me to believe they're on their last leg, and my rhythm section has been raving about their linsouls

Got the Chu 2 and have had a chance to listen to several different sources. I'm just a wannabe audiophile but can't complain at all about the sound for the $17 I paid. Getting a pretty consistent seal with the large inserts and the sound seems to stay put for the most part when singing. Definitely the most low end I've gotten out of earbuds but there's still a nice clarity and balance to them. Sounds just fine for jamming guitar direct to me too.

Had practice using the linsouls last night (and will be stage testing at a gig tonight). Easily sounded just as good as the shure 215s. Completely and utterly destroys the shures in terms of comfort and how it sits on the ears.

Fuck those shures honestly, my band has blown through 5 pairs of them in about 1 years time. Can buy 5 of these for the cost of one pair of the shures even if they do crap out (which my drummer has been aggressively using his for a bit now without issues) still can't possibly be less reliable than the 215s.

Thanks for this thread!!

Had practice using the linsouls last night (and will be stage testing at a gig tonight). Easily sounded just as good as the shure 215s. Completely and utterly destroys the shures in terms of comfort and how it sits on the ears.

Fuck those shures honestly, my band has blown through 5 pairs of them in about 1 years time. Can buy 5 of these for the cost of one pair of the shures even if they do crap out (which my drummer has been aggressively using his for a bit now without issues) still can't possibly be less reliable than the 215s.

Thanks for this thread!!
Glad to hear it! One of these days when I have a minute, I’ll update the first post with the ones people have tried and had good experiences with.

Took the plunge and recently bought a pair of Tangzu Wan'er IEMs.

For ~$14, these are remarkable - they compete with some IEMs i've tried at 10x the price. Surprisingly comfortable to wear, too!

Last edited:
Had practice using the linsouls

Linsoul is not a brand of headphones. It's something like an importer of IEMs from many different brands/manufacturers. They sell KZ, Tangzu, and a lot of other chifi IEM brands (and models).

It's sort of like saying you like the Sweetwater. It might make sense if your referring directly to a message using Sweetwater, but confusing when used later.

It's an easy thing to do and lots of people do it in this thread.

Back