Two Notes Opus ..... any users here (?) ..... thoughts / comments (?)

I have a Katana Artist mkii and it does sound remarkably good. Remarkable because early Boss/Roland amps didnt sound very good, that was the contrast I was trying create…old Boss. Not the newer stuff.

I bought the ReVolt based on those videos you saw, and I also thought the device sounded good there, but only the clean channel lived up to expectations in my hands on use. Actually it was really good with the boost turned on.
The crunch channel was passable and the higher gain sounds like a Soldano, a sound which I generally love but the breakup is annoying. It’s kind of fuzzy in a bad way. And backing the gain down didn’t reduce the annoyance. I even put a slightly lower gain tube in and it seemed to help but not enough. And it was a bit noisy too.
It was a short honeymoon as I recall. But for the price it isn’t a terrible tool. If you are going to use it to augment a real amp it’s good. As a standalone DI to DAW or monitors it gets outdone by a modeler in my mind.

To be fair, if I recall correctly, I bought the BlugGuitar Amp1 ME at the same time so really the ReVolt just didn’t have a chance.
That and the ReVolt was marketed with the tease that it comes with 10 DynIR’s but they meant you get Wall of Sound and those IR’s for free but the ReVolt doesn’t load them onboard, it only has a mediocre analog speaker sim. If the ReVolt could load the DynIRs and run the power amp and EQ of Wall of Sound it would be so much better. I think it was designed to be a way to expand a real amps channels more so than being a stand alone solution.
I used it to reamp DIs and got acceptable results. Be sure to have power amp modeling on in whatever you’re using for a cab sim. I used WOS. I initially missed that and when I turned it on it changed things.

Thanks Amy :)

Hopefully the Gap switching time and spillover is on "the list" to be "fixed" in a very soon to be released FW ;) :) (?)

Just a broader general question ...... by all reports "Genome" is due to be released imminently - probably / almost certainly at NAMM in a week or so - not asking for details or anything ..... but would I be right in expecting that the Opus pedal will receive the new "Genome" update free of charge when it is released (?) .... to replace the Torpedo WOS that it originally came with (?)

Thanks,
Ben
Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sadly we can't reveal too much at this stage, however we can say we don't think you will be disappointed! Keep your eyes on the Two notes site & socials in the coming week for updates!

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sadly we can't reveal too much at this stage, however we can say we don't think you will be disappointed! Keep your eyes on the Two notes site & socials in the coming week for updates!
Hey Amy !

If you are going ..... enjoy NAM .... I *think* Ross said he is there so hopefully you get to go too :)

Do you think there might be any reason to hope for the new Genome update to allow for some/all of the included efx to be able to be placed *before* the Amp as opposed to only just after the amp in the Opus (?)

Had to ask :)

All the best,
Ben

Hey Amy !

If you are going ..... enjoy NAM .... I *think* Ross said he is there so hopefully you get to go too :)

Do you think there might be any reason to hope for the new Genome update to allow for some/all of the included efx to be able to be placed *before* the Amp as opposed to only just after the amp in the Opus (?)

Had to ask :)

All the best,
Ben
Hi Ben,

Sadly I won't be there, however the team will be! Although GENOME and OPUS will share some functionality, the two platforms are not linked at this time. Due to the nature of the DSP in OPUS, the architecture is fixed and as such cannot be changed in terms of processing component order. GENOME on the other hand will offer a comprehensive ecosystem that allows complete freedom over every aspect of your tone! Let us know if you have any questions concerning this!

Hi Ben,

Sadly I won't be there, however the team will be! Although GENOME and OPUS will share some functionality, the two platforms are not linked at this time. Due to the nature of the DSP in OPUS, the architecture is fixed and as such cannot be changed in terms of processing component order. GENOME on the other hand will offer a comprehensive ecosystem that allows complete freedom over every aspect of your tone! Let us know if you have any questions concerning this!
I’ll be stopping by the booth later on today. Warn the team!!! Is Justin going to be there?

Back