Andy Eagle ( Guitar repair tech for 30 years )

The screws that you get from Schaller are very hard and I would recommend you get them for this application. Watch out for pan or countersink versions.

The screws that you get from Schaller are very hard and I would recommend you get them for this application. Watch out for pan or countersink versions.
I raised the retainer bar but I’m getting close to running out of thread.

I’d like to get some longer screws so I have more range of adjustment.

I raised the retainer bar but I’m getting close to running out of thread.

I’d like to get some longer screws so I have more range of adjustment.
If it’s the Ibanez then it’s not the same size exactly. There is no specific size for the off brand ones but it’s likely to be M2 pan head. Just look for a stainless steel screw 5m longer.

If it’s the Ibanez then it’s not the same size exactly. There is no specific size for the off brand ones but it’s likely to be M2 pan head. Just look for a stainless steel screw 5m longer.
Thank you!

Specks were good ,I’m not sure if they actually make the necks and bodies. (I would guess not) but they are well done.

@Eagle what causes the high E string to sound like it's fretting out on the highest fret? It's only on the 1 string & it's not hitting anything like the pickups. I have this happening on a couple of guitars & they are not cheap guitars. Thanks!

@Eagle what causes the high E string to sound like it's fretting out on the highest fret? It's only on the 1 string & it's not hitting anything like the pickups. I have this happening on a couple of guitars & they are not cheap guitars. Thanks!
I had that and he told me there was most likely a burr in the saddle

@Eagle Hello Andy I currently have 10-46 but want to switch to .95-44 will this affect my trem and Intonation ?
Again thank you for all your expertise and help

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
There is a burr on the metal on the saddle top caused by the string . You need to smooth the contact point and it will go. A half round needle file is perfect and it is only likely to be tiny.

@Eagle Hello Andy I currently have 10-46 but want to switch to .95-44 will this affect my trem and Intonation ?
Again thank you for all your expertise and help

Cheers
Mike
Yes , change the tension and you need to change the truss rod and intonation. Very small adjustment in this case but needed if you are optimum.

There is a burr on the metal on the saddle top caused by the string . You need to smooth the contact point and it will go. A half round needle file is perfect and it is only likely to be tiny.
Thanks Andy! It's weird that both guitars were fine the last time I played them & then all of a sudden have this issue. Can you recommend a half round needle file? I have been doing setups for years but don't have any experience in actual repair work, leveling frets, filing the nut, etc. Is this something fairly easy & straight forward to do? I don't want to make it worse! Thanks again!

Thanks Andy! It's weird that both guitars were fine the last time I played them & then all of a sudden have this issue. Can you recommend a half round needle file? I have been doing setups for years but don't have any experience in actual repair work, leveling frets, filing the nut, etc. Is this something fairly easy & straight forward to do? I don't want to make it worse! Thanks again!
Try some abrasive cord from Stew Mac. Worked for a burr I had on my high e saddle that was causing the string to break too often.

I bought an assortment set.

I like the CK brand needle files
IMG_3424.jpeg

Back