Andy Eagle ( Guitar repair tech for 30 years )

@megametal7
This is exactly what you need.

View attachment 17282
I just checked £291.00….

Sacha Baron Cohen GIF by filmeditor

Parametric EQ is a heck of a lot more expensive to do that a fixed band boost/cut unit.
Buy the MXR-10 and maybe you'll get lucky and one of the sliders will be close enough???
Not sure but I cant buy this right now…. I just got recto and my sorry ass fence still needs fixing… I keep buying music gear instead :sofa

Ill get it some point but meant time i have to deal with what I have..:guiness

Not sure but I cant buy this right now…. I just got recto and my sorry ass fence still needs fixing… I keep buying music gear instead :sofa

Ill get it some point but meant time i have to deal with what I have..:guiness
Make sure you test it as well BEFORE you buy it to make sure it's going to fix the issue enough.

Maybe worth taking to different tech to see if he can set it up in a way that its easier to make those squeals ?

Maybe worth taking to different tech to see if he can set it up in a way that its easier to make those squeals ?
You could try it. It very difficult to diagnose without it in my hands. The main thing is if the note ring properly false harmonics should also work. Can you get them acoustically? You should be able to easily.

Hello Andy, for a Fender inline 6, are staggered lockings better than non staggered with 2 trees?
As always thanks for your valued knowledge and input

:beer

Hello Andy, for a Fender inline 6, are staggered lockings better than non staggered with 2 trees?
As always thanks for your valued knowledge and input

Yes. String trees are just adding friction and increasing the friction in the nut .
I can usually get a fender nut to stay in tune just by not using the string trees. I leave them on if they are fitted but just don't run the strings under them. Sometimes the high E will come out of the nut playing if the slot is shallow. If this is the case you will need to use them or a nut with deeper slots.
If you are buying locking tuners for a fender style head I would recommend staggered.

Yes. String trees are just adding friction and increasing the friction in the nut .
I can usually get a fender nut to stay in tune just by not using the string trees. I leave them on if they are fitted but just don't run the strings under them. Sometimes the high E will come out of the nut playing if the slot is shallow. If this is the case you will need to use them or a nut with deeper slots.
If you are buying locking tuners for a fender style head I would recommend staggered.
It would be for my Charvel Dk24 it has lockings already and 2 string trees
So was wondering if swapping them and ditching the trees would be some improvement

:confused:

You could try it. It very difficult to diagnose without it in my hands. The main thing is if the note ring properly false harmonics should also work. Can you get them acoustically? You should be able to easily.
Ill make a video to show you how it sounds.

It would be for my Charvel Dk24 it has lockings already and 2 string trees
So was wondering if swapping them and ditching the trees would be some improvement

:confused:
First try it with the strings not using the trees. The nut slots are deep on the DK and it may work. Make sure you have minimal wrap . Sometimes the open strings can sound a little weaker but as long as they stay in place and don’t buzz give it a try.

First try it with the strings not using the trees. The nut slots are deep on the DK and it may work. Make sure you have minimal wrap . Sometimes the open strings can sound a little weaker but as long as they stay in place and don’t buzz give it a try.
Will do, Thank you Andy

Andy, I know you did a few 5150 builds over the pandemic. Are you working on anything cool at the moment?

Andy, I know you did a few 5150 builds over the pandemic. Are you working on anything cool at the moment?
I did a couple of Teles but no other builds. A few nice early 60s 335s for refrets and some rare stuff. Just the other day a Parker Spanish Fly , incredibly rare very few were made.
IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_2994.jpeg

IMG_3191.jpeg

Oh and stuck the head back on a J200 which is rare because it is a maple neck
IMG_3361.jpeg

What happened to it I’ll never guess , you would have to hit this pretty hard to take out a maple neck.

Back