Alright, Let's Do It! Your 3 Favorite Guitarists Are...

Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Michael Hedges

Could have also easily been…

Allan Holdsworth
Jeff Beck
Pat Metheny

Or …

Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
John Williams

Or …

Guthrie Govan
Steve Morse
Manuel Barrueco

Etc…

so on and so forth.

This is so unfair. I like little things that different guitarists do.

I like the raw, raucous, thrown-together vibe of Jimi Hendrix but I also like the precision of Vai and Paul Gilbert.

I like the simplicity and melody of John Fruciante, I like the disembodied sounds of Ler from Primus.

I like the emotion in the notes of SRV, I like the creativity of Tom Morrello.

The list can go on, I don't have time for all of that, and I bet I could write an equally long list of what I can't stand about these very same artists.
:idk

This is so unfair. I like little things that different guitarists do.

I like the raw, raucous, thrown-together vibe of Jimi Hendrix but I also like the precision of Vai and Paul Gilbert.

I like the simplicity and melody of John Fruciante, I like the disembodied sounds of Ler from Primus.

I like the emotion in the notes of SRV, I like the creativity of Tom Morrello.

The list can go on, I don't have time for all of that, and I bet I could write an equally long list of what I can't stand about these very same artists.
:idk
Well said. I do like different things about different guitarists. My top 2 still stand though. And then a big tie for third.

Great to see some Lifeson fans. But for me it was the whole package with Rush. Peart made me want to play drums.

Rush made me just want to make music.

Petrucci
EVH
Lifeson
Man such a tough one but gun to my head..

Tony Iommi
Ritchie Kotzen
Guthrie Govan.

These ones could easily be 2 and 3 for me.

Dave Mustaine, Zakk Wylde, Tommy Emanuel, Doug Aldrich, Adrian Vandeberg, Gary Holt, Jake E Lee, Randy Rhoads, Uli Roth, Andy Summers, Chuck Schuldiner, and I'm sure a few more I'm not thinking of right now.

:columbo

Eddie Van Halen
David Gilmour
Django Reinhardt

Or …

Robert Johnson
Howlin’ Wolf
Chet Atkins

Or …

John Petrucci
Paul Gilbert
Buckethead