Alright, Let's Do It! Your 3 Favorite Guitarists Are...

Emotion Reaction GIF

My ten favorite are:

Yngwie
Vinnie Moore
Randy
Dime
Macalpine
Paul Gilbert
Marty Friedman
Jason Becker
jaxadam
Tony Smotherman
Satriani

EVH
Yngwie Malmsteen
George Lynch

That is only based on soloing. Songwriting would be different, but EVH would still be on top.

David Gilmour
Ritchie Blackmore
Steve Rothery

Just the first 3 that popped into my mind. It could have been Vai/Satriani/Iommi or many other combinations

My ten favorite are:

Yngwie
Vinnie Moore
Randy
Dime
Macalpine
Paul Gilbert
Marty Friedman
Jason Becker
jaxadam
Tony Smotherman
Satriani

Hey brother!!! Glad to see you here! (this is RevDrucifer)

I even truly like his singing… Took about 20 years lol

I had an opportunity to meet and work closely with Monty Novotny ( of NBN fame), who built a guitar for Leo.

Monty and I went to the Boulder theater in 1981 to see him play. Monty passed at age 42 a few years later from the lacquer spray (cancer). An $80k 12 string doubled overnight.

Love this album:

Wow - cool story.

Wow - cool story.

Actually, brother fire… It gets a little cooler. 🤤

Wish we had a bottle of the 21 yo whisky 🥃 to talk about the story in person… If you’re ever in my hood, holla …

12946545-0AF1-4CA1-A09D-DF505C389A08.jpeg

My very first early guitar experiences were somehow, incidentally, cosmically and spiritually intertwined with NBN.

My very first job at age 12 found me as a noob caddy at a ritzy Chicago golf club - and sometimes I had to walk ~ 8 miles to get there … same same but longer, going home end of the day.

I would have to pass through the municipality of Roselle, and the most awesome guitar/ music shop ever existed there.

First time I ever touched a Moog synthesizer was in that store. But the real secrets were really hiding in the glass cabinets behind me, holding these amazing NBN guitars.

First time I ever saw a carved heal was on an NBN in guitar.

But on top of that, they sounded like nothing else.

Imagine, a sweaty 12 year old kid walking 8 miles on his way home from work, and being allowed to touch a $5000 guitar in the 1970s (that would be $25k-50k today bros.).

And then, for some odd twist of the universe we moved to the front range of Colorado, Monty’s crib was right there.

I was just lucky I suppose…. his passing was awful tho… far too soon.

Novotny was the last N in NBN

Back