Alexander Pedals

mbenigni

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
The Chase Bliss MOOD thread got me thinking about these guys again:

A friend of mine picked up a v1 Syntax Error, and it's a lot of fun. I don't know how "good" their more conventional pedals are, or what kind of value they represent. The wackier time/pitch-based stuff often crosses that line where "audio" doesn't necessarily imply "music". I doubt I'd use the stuff all that much, but my inner little kid wants to collect all of them the same way he wanted all the matchbox cars. :D

Any experience/ opinions?

John Mark Painter over at TGP says good things about them. When I was going through tons of reverb pedals trying to find what I wanted I ordered one he recommended. It was DOA, and I just returned it so I still haven’t gotten to play with any of their stuff :idk.

The disaster area stuff he did before always got a lot of respect. Need to track down some of his stuff some time to check it out.

D

John Mark Painter over at TGP says good things about them. When I was going through tons of reverb pedals trying to find what I wanted I ordered one he recommended. It was DOA, and I just returned it so I still haven’t gotten to play with any of their stuff :idk.

The disaster area stuff he did before always got a lot of respect. Need to track down some of his stuff some time to check it out.

D
This is exactly what worries me about Alexander Pedals "from a distance". I'm guessing they're produced in pretty low quantities. The Syntax Error I played seemed well-constructed, but I didn't have a look inside. Bad news about the reverb pedal you ordered. I've been thinking about picking up a Space Force.

My experiences with Disaster Area were... not great. Though in fairness, I think I just didn't understand what their products were meant to do (and the many things they were not intended to do) when I bought them.

Dude, I totally get the Matchbox car collection, lol.

I have an Alexander History Lesson, its their tape delay. That to me is THE delay sound I am after. Great pedal, nice build quality, extremely flexible, lots of options. Used it religiously for a few months but it got booted off my board in favor of an RE-202, which was much closer to my Space Echo that never leaves the house. Here's a gut shot for ya...

and the top...

Dude, I totally get the Matchbox car collection, lol.

I have an Alexander History Lesson, its their tape delay. That to me is THE delay sound I am after. Great pedal, nice build quality, extremely flexible, lots of options. Used it religiously for a few months but it got booted off my board in favor of an RE-202, which was much closer to my Space Echo that never leaves the house. Here's a gut shot for ya...

and the top...

Love it! I don't know what it is about this company in particular that's caught my attention/ imagination. I'm not generally a stompbox guy. I'll get this close to ordering a Space Force or whatever, and then come back around to, "You know your HX Stomp can cover all this ground with a little tweaking..." There's just something really charismatic about these pedals, if that doesn't sound too crazy. Maybe its the cool names and the wicked paint jobs LOL. (The Syntax Error won me over because the controls and expression pedal support were really well-executed.)

P.S. PCB looks clean - thanks for the photo!

Back