Album Drops

FuzzyAce

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Howdy fellow TGFers. For anyone interested I've released 3 albums today. :farley

Now I know these won't be everyone's cup of tea as they're ambient/textural/soundscape type tracks, but these were fun and experimental for me.
No guitars at all, no Nu metal, no rock here, and even no apparent bpm. :eek: Still here?
Think more meditative, or perhaps a cinematic scene in a shitty, dystopian B movie. :ROFLMAO:

Personal goals are to just release material I've enjoyed making, the best I can without overthinking too much -- and to share it with others. If you choose to listen, hopefully you can get some pleasure or inspiration as I did in the creation process. Another goal is to release more traditional guitar focused albums soon, a lot of which will be based on the Challenge tracks I've posted here before -- but I'd like to expand on them and formally collage them into albums.

So, a little background on these 3 albums...

Ah Maya, Pt.1
Ah Maya, Pt.2
Pt.1 started in March as a challenge for myself to make a crappy old, budget Yamaha keyboard come to life somehow. Some of you guys have already heard bits of these in another thread I posted then. All stock sounds originate from this keyboard but with a healthy dose of post processing in my DAW. Every overdub was a 1 take improv and then tweaked as needed with editing and plugins. So these were done in a 3 day period.
Pt. 2 was started last week and I finished up yesterday. Same theme.

Cerulean Impressions
More diverse than the others, a little more involved, and originally was completed last year, but I've since tweaked a few things so releasing it fresh.
Same creative approach as the other 2 albums but I used software synths instead. A lot from NI, AIR, and some 8dio.

**If anybody likes what they hear and wants a download, pm me and I'll send a gift voucher.

This is exactly my style, I LOVE ambient music.
That's awesome!
Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Hope you find something you like. Appreciate the time. :beer

Love it! I remember the older thread when you posted some of these and I couldn't believe a lot of these sounds came from that little keyboard. I try to mix ambient music in whatever other genre I'm doing because I'm an ass.
Thank you! :pickle
DAW to the rescue, it can actually polish a turd. :poop:
I do like ambient mixed in with rock or pop. Admittedly, a lot of my mindset on these was born from appreciation of Eno and Lanois' approach.

Oh, and please, for the love of God, can no one ever mention "Ambient" and Eno and
Lanois in the same sentence ever again, thank you very much. Those two legends had
nothing to do with the watered-down term and approach that "Ambient" has become.

Now if we are talking about the ambient room temperature when we meet either one
of those cats, then I suppose that is cool. :idk

Music For Airports and Restrooms chiming in. :rofl

Eager to check it out, FA! Good job mate and getting it out there.... into time and space
and all that. :beer

Oh, and please, for the love of God, can no one ever mention "Ambient" and Eno and
Lanois in the same sentence ever again, thank you very much. Those two legends had
nothing to do with the watered-down term and approach that "Ambient" has become.

Now if we are talking about the ambient room temperature when we meet either one
of those cats, then I suppose that is cool. :idk

Music For Airports and Restrooms chiming in. :rofl

Eager to check it out, FA! Good job mate and getting it out there.... into time and space
and all that. :beer
What Happened Comedy GIF by Run The Burbs

A tripple cup of Giddy Up! Congrats on getting these out the door!! I will listen this evening. I am so in line with the "get it out the door" mentality. So many songs, so little time!! I write about 100 songs a year and have only released about 85 songs to date!! Looking to release at least one if not two more albums this year (along with the one I released in late July)! As Tom Petty once said "Time to move on, time to get goin', what lies ahead I have no way of knowin', but under my feet, the grass is growin', it's time to move on, time to get goin'" (hope I got that right, from the head so could be off on a word or two)! Get your music out there people, it will never be perfect and it does not have much of a life sitting on your hard drive or in your head ;~))

Last edited:
OK, finally spent some time with your new material! Cool stuff!! Very ethereal!!!

Love the single word titles throughout these releases (very Peter Gabriel of you)!

Ah Maya, Pt.1
Summon - was my favorite in this collection. I love the water and lazer sounds that I was getting!

Ah Maya, Pt.2
Bloom - fly buzz at end of that song is fun, kept trying to swat it! Maybe you did not intend it to sound like a fly buzzing, but that is what I was getting ;~))
Reminisce was my fav on Pt. 2! I really like the elements and their arrangement!!

Curulean Impressions
Lotus - Asian styles that I heard in other pieces in the collections but I thought it was done best here. I think this was my favorite of all the pieces.

Congrats again on getting this stuff out the door! Looking forward to the next installments ;~))

Going to send you a PM on another related topic ;~))

Cheers~
MW

Howdy fellow TGFers. For anyone interested I've released 3 albums today. :farley

Now I know these won't be everyone's cup of tea as they're ambient/textural/soundscape type tracks, but these were fun and experimental for me.
No guitars at all, no Nu metal, no rock here, and even no apparent bpm. :eek: Still here?
Think more meditative, or perhaps a cinematic scene in a shitty, dystopian B movie. :ROFLMAO:

Personal goals are to just release material I've enjoyed making, the best I can without overthinking too much -- and to share it with others. If you choose to listen, hopefully you can get some pleasure or inspiration as I did in the creation process. Another goal is to release more traditional guitar focused albums soon, a lot of which will be based on the Challenge tracks I've posted here before -- but I'd like to expand on them and formally collage them into albums.

So, a little background on these 3 albums...

Ah Maya, Pt.1
Ah Maya, Pt.2
Pt.1 started in March as a challenge for myself to make a crappy old, budget Yamaha keyboard come to life somehow. Some of you guys have already heard bits of these in another thread I posted then. All stock sounds originate from this keyboard but with a healthy dose of post processing in my DAW. Every overdub was a 1 take improv and then tweaked as needed with editing and plugins. So these were done in a 3 day period.
Pt. 2 was started last week and I finished up yesterday. Same theme.

Cerulean Impressions
More diverse than the others, a little more involved, and originally was completed last year, but I've since tweaked a few things so releasing it fresh.
Same creative approach as the other 2 albums but I used software synths instead. A lot from NI, AIR, and some 8dio.

**If anybody likes what they hear and wants a download, pm me and I'll send a gift voucher.

I like it, good background music.

Back