A TGF livestream?

DrewJD82

Staff member
I’ve kicked around the idea of doing this lately but don’t really know where to go with it outside of starting a livestream while having some cocktails and seeing if anyone shows up….to watch me sit in my living room or studio, playing like ass cuz I’m getting sloshed.

I also am fairly clueless about streaming in general, I know I can do FB live and Youtube, but YouTube limits the viewers to 25 until I have 1,000 subscribers. I know there’s Twitch but I’m entirely clueless about Twitch, I only used it to watch some Devin Townsend livestreams a couple years ago. From what I gather people use OBS to get all their audio coming through the stream, if anyone has any tips there I’d be happy to take them.

A couple things I’ve thought of doing is going through a writing session from start to finish, how I flesh out ideas and form songs out of improvisations, how I lay down the groundwork of a song/mix from the very start and that whole process until a song is in demo form. Also dialing in tones in Fractal land, whether that’s for a song I’m working on or just my half-assed “ballpark is good enough” approach that allows me to get work done without focusing on the little things until later down the road.

Would anyone have any interest in this at all? I’d LOVE to be able to have some guests on to share the stream with but I’d imagine that’ll take a little more educating on my end to figure out how to make that work.

Any input is welcome!

I was thinking about this again yesterday at work, actually. I even went and made sure I had mixers, but like every other day I tell myself ”I’m going to drink tonight”, I get home, get baked and then I don’t feel like drinking. I have the feeling it’ll be an out of the blue thing while I get everything sorted out, I want to be able to get Logic/AxeFX coming through as I‘m playing and a shared screen would be preferable so you can see me and my screen. Maybe I’ll put some effort into figuring all that out today, I know everyone seems to use OBS for this kinda stuff.

Back