A mild grumble+warning about IK Multimedia & Amplitube 5 Max

pepperoni is called pepperoni

So, this:
Gegrillte Peperoni wie beim Griechen - Grillen für Anfänger und Profis.jpg

A cautionary note to those suffering naive assumptions like myself and are buying the TONEX Pedal from a MI seller, check the exceptions on their return policy.

The standard 30 day return policy most likely won’t be honoured if you have registered the software. That’s certainly the case with Thomann and Long & Mcquade who's exceptions respectively state “licensing (e. g. already registered software)” and “Products with accompanying software that has been registered”. Sweetwater just says “Software” but I imagine the same conditions apply.

My understanding is that if you buy through IK they avoid an exception clause in that all sales are final.

I’m not sure what will happen if I use TONEX CS to test drive the pedal. I will have to have a conversation with my sales rep to confirm that I can do that without undue complication.

If that’s not the case I guess the only thing you can rely on is youtube videos and third party say-so. Really not optimal.
How would they enforce that? Are they going to check the license for every returned product with an accompanying software?

why are we discussing pineapple on pizza when there are savages that happily eat fish on a pizza walking among us

cheese and pineapple absolutely go together. anyone who says otherwise clearly wasn't brought up on this:

0044_Cheese-and-Pineapple-Starter.jpg

How would they enforce that? Are they going to check the license for every returned product with an accompanying software?
Is that a stretch? Maybe enter the pedal serial number into a web page IKMM provides to vendors. After all the serial number is used to activate the software. Wouldn’t take any longer than checking if the device met the other approval criteria for getting a refund.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You couldn't make it up!!! Literally a month later, they've brought out AT5 Max v2 which includes all the stuff I wanted the first time round...

And the price??? 199EUR??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Think I might be done giving IK money too tbh.
IK call it their new “inclusive upgrade policy”. Quite an achievement for it to be just as unappealing as before.

IMG_1718.jpeg

I've been looking for 10 minutes to see if I'm making some sort of mistake... because SURELY expecting someone who bought Max a mere month ago (and also buying AT5 back in January, for a total spend of $140) to spend a further $199... is pretty much the height of corporate bollocks right??

Take my position back in December. I was an AT4 owner.

Why should I pay approximately $340 over 4 months, when any other AT4 owner can pay HALF as much as what I would end up paying.

Total horseshit. They've just lost a customer tbh.

Not a free update if someone already has Amplitude 5 Max, but a paid add on? Is that the implication?

IK’s line is “but you got a GREAT deal at the original sale price” except, if someone else gets a better deal a few weeks later, then it’s not such a good deal.

These are tech companies who’ve been at it for years. Absolutely zero excuses for not having a better and more fair system in place, they’re more than capable of making their customers feel valued if they actually want to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You couldn't make it up!!! Literally a month later, they've brought out AT5 Max v2 which includes all the stuff I wanted the first time round...

And the price??? 199EUR??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Think I might be done giving IK money too tbh.
Fuck IK OK Multimedia and their shady business practices. They are literally right down there with Neural DSP IMO.

I've been looking for 10 minutes to see if I'm making some sort of mistake... because SURELY expecting someone who bought Max a mere month ago (and also buying AT5 back in January, for a total spend of $140) to spend a further $199... is pretty much the height of corporate bollocks right??

Take my position back in December. I was an AT4 owner.

Why should I pay approximately $340 over 4 months, when any other AT4 owner can pay HALF as much as what I would end up paying.

Total horseshit. They've just lost a customer tbh.
@IK Multimedia this is the type of stuff you’re going to run into, if you keep doing fuckery like this. I LOVE AmpliTube 5, but it’s stuff like this that gives me pause as well.

EDIT

Goddamnit, yeah it happened to me too. I bought AmpliTube 5 Max a few months ago, THEN had to buy Mesa/Boogie 2, and now it’s fucking included. Jesus Christ, guys. Are you TRYING to become Positive Grid?

Back