A mild grumble+warning about IK Multimedia & Amplitube 5 Max

1682255774380.gif

Huh? There's a Headrush plugin?
You should be able to send and receive amps and some if not all FX between Prime and the next version of Revalver.

Revalver is definitely NOT abandonwware. It was bought by a former Peavey employee and has been really hammering on it hard in the background over the last few years

You should be able to send and receive amps and some if not all FX between Prime and the next version of Revalver.

Revalver is definitely NOT abandonwware. It was bought by a former Peavey employee and has been really hammering on it hard in the background over the last few years
He’s got a lot of work to do, since the last version sounded awful.

Wasn't it just re-bought by the original developer?
No, the new owner bought the AMR name too. He's got a DSP LEGEND working on it as well. I don't know how much is public, but there has been an insane amount of background work going on with these products. Both these brands being acquired by inMusic is like Yamaha getting line6. We have one of the BFD guys on this forum, hopefully he can say if its a good thing or not

No, the new owner bought the AMR name too. He's got a DSP LEGEND working on it as well. I don't know how much is public, but there has been an insane amount of background work going on with these products. Both these brands being acquired by inMusic is like Yamaha getting line6. We have one of the BFD guys on this forum, hopefully he can say if its a good thing or not
If you ask some of our users, it isn't. Most people don't care and are just cracking on with it. The big beef right now is our licensing system (inMusic introduced a phone-home policy, every 90 days, I'm fighting against it because I think it is whack, but I can't win that battle just yet) - the other one is M1 support, which we are working on and is in beta right now.

As for me? I think it's a good thing compared to ROLI - and honestly?? Even the last few years of FXpansion were completely uninspired and needing proper leadership. We didn't have it, then ROLI bought us and destroyed the company.

I think back to 2015 when I was just sinking my teeth into proper "product ownership" and then my legs got cut out from under me; pretty much until 2020. ROLI ruined my life for 5 years and it's a miracle I stuck it out tbh. They really made me feel like I wanted to be worm food.

Sorry for oversharing.

There is a not insignificant number of BFD fanatics out there, I hope they give you the strength to keep marching on. We had a disastrous deal building a plug for someone else that should have been maybe 12 weeks to launch that has now been nearly three yers and totally financially wrecked us, I can sympathize!

I hate the copy phone home whatever, I was thinking as I read your first few words that it was full on Item Mall/Subscription, but yours doesn't sound anywhere near as bad

Still crcking up over the recent waves thing

Nope, it's not a subscription. People still own outright licenses, but the server needs to check the authorization every 90 days. It's not what I wanted at all tbh.

As for ROLI... they got away with (allegedly) defrauding the UK taxpayer of £10m during those covid years. No one cares. They still have customers. What a travesty.

If you ask some of our users, it isn't. Most people don't care and are just cracking on with it. The big beef right now is our licensing system (inMusic introduced a phone-home policy, every 90 days, I'm fighting against it because I think it is whack, but I can't win that battle just yet) - the other one is M1 support, which we are working on and is in beta right now.

As for me? I think it's a good thing compared to ROLI - and honestly?? Even the last few years of FXpansion were completely uninspired and needing proper leadership. We didn't have it, then ROLI bought us and destroyed the company.

I think back to 2015 when I was just sinking my teeth into proper "product ownership" and then my legs got cut out from under me; pretty much until 2020. ROLI ruined my life for 5 years and it's a miracle I stuck it out tbh. They really made me feel like I wanted to be worm food.

Sorry for oversharing.

It's nice to read about someone working in that industry who's passionate about this stuff and not just phoning it in.

It's nice to read about someone working in that industry who's passionate about this stuff and not just phoning it in.
Nearly all the small teams are super passionate about their audio software. Many do it at a loss, and would do it all over again knowing it would be a loss.

It cracks me up when people are like "well if you were a REAL software company with proper HR and middle managers and payroll departments and all that you'd be much better". And I'm like "you mean, like never updating, never answering customer emails or considering their product suggestions?"

People still own outright licenses, but the server needs to check the authorization every 90 days.

Any such things are a hard pass for me. I had my Mac Pro in a completely internet-free (no DSL installed, no mobile connectivity) rehearsal/demo-studio environment for quite a while and still remember how I would've loved to stick some rather large, edgy objects up Apple's and NI's @$$es because I had to take the entire shebang home with me just to install things.

I like your optimism for it and I hope it turns out well but when I look at the offerings from AIR/AKAI/Sonivox it’s not like any of those have advanced their products much or are leading the competition.

I’d be really happy if Revalver can pick up again but it really does need a ton of work all over to be on par with modern offerings

Back