A mild grumble+warning about IK Multimedia & Amplitube 5 Max

A cautionary note to those suffering naive assumptions like myself and are buying the TONEX Pedal from a MI seller, check the exceptions on their return policy.

The standard 30 day return policy most likely won’t be honoured if you have registered the software. That’s certainly the case with Thomann and Long & Mcquade who's exceptions respectively state “licensing (e. g. already registered software)” and “Products with accompanying software that has been registered”. Sweetwater just says “Software” but I imagine the same conditions apply.

My understanding is that if you buy through IK they avoid an exception clause in that all sales are final.

I’m not sure what will happen if I use TONEX CS to test drive the pedal. I will have to have a conversation with my sales rep to confirm that I can do that without undue complication.

If that’s not the case I guess the only thing you can rely on is youtube videos and third party say-so. Really not optimal.

You're lucky my (Italian) girlfriend doesn't browse this forum.

In certain parts of Italy, when you ask for pineapple on pizza, they'll tie your feet to the back of a car and drag you through the village. ;)
As well they should.
Pineapple belongs in drinks at a resort. Nowhere near pizza.

Haggis, mince pie and black pudding.

The culinary opinions of the British are less than irrelevant.
Indeed. The only fruit that belongs on pizza is tomato, in the form of sauce.

I think. What should and should not be on pizza could probably self destruct TGF…. We should leave this subject and imagine that we were only comparing IK to a back alley pizza shop….

And pickled hot peppers (not exactly chili, no idea what they're called - over here it's "peperoni", but that's likely a salami in the land of barbarism).
In the USA, they’re usually referred to as “mild peppers” on pizza; “hot” being jalapeños. “Mild” peppers are pickled and are similar to “friggitello” or as we refer to as “pepperoncini.”

Ah yeah, that was it.

But uhm, why is it that salami is called pepperoni? Is it for the same reason the real football is called soccer over there?
No idea. We Americans are weird. Our deli “salami” is basically all fat with some protein. Our “pepperoni” is basically a spicy version. “Genoa salami” is closer to what the Italians refer to as “salami.”

Back