A mild grumble+warning about IK Multimedia & Amplitube 5 Max

View attachment 8569

View attachment 8571
I have it. People even like it. So where the f**k is it?
You might’ve uploaded it onto ToneNet when you made it, and it somehow got deleted from your local library afterward. In ToneX, click the ToneNet button in the top-right (the little indicator light will turn green and the ToneNet logo will turn orange). Then search for the name of your model or your username, and once you find it, re-download it. Then go back to your local library (click the ToneNet button, green light will stay on but the ToneNet logo will turn gray again) and search in your local tone models.

Last edited:
You might’ve uploaded it onto ToneNet when you made it, and it somehow got deleted from your local library afterward. In ToneX, click the ToneNet button in the top-right (the little indicator light will turn green). Then search for the name of your model or your username, and once you find it, re-download it. Then go back to your local library (click off of the ToneNet button, green light will go dark) and search in your local tone models.
Thanks. I’ll try that tomorrow.

This thread is reminding me how much I’m kicking myself for letting my other guitarist hang onto my Tonex. I want to get around to trying these captures you all are putting together.

I’d like to make some too. I’ve been very curious about direct capturing my Mark III head through my capture while hooked up to my #1 guitar cab. I want to try pushing that capture with my BAM-200 into the same cab just to see how freaking close I can replicate the head at similar physical volumes.

You might’ve uploaded it onto ToneNet when you made it, and it somehow got deleted from your local library afterward. In ToneX, click the ToneNet button in the top-right (the little indicator light will turn green). Then search for the name of your model or your username, and once you find it, re-download it. Then go back to your local library (click off of the ToneNet button, green light will go dark) and search in your local tone models.
That did it!! Thanks dude. And hot damn, that sounds amazing! Mesa TC-100 model.

And so it begins. Hit up the Wookiee if you want some BL50 goodness!

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 2.11.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 2.40.23 PM.png

JFC though, where’s the actual damn file for the capture! 😂 this app is so cool, but so f*****g odd.
I think the main reason people get so confused is that there's very little to visually differentiate between when you're browsing models on ToneNet vs. browsing things locally, other than the orange vs. gray text of the ToneNet button in the top-right.

It would probably be a lot more intuitive for people if they colored the background differently for the ToneNet listings vs. local files, for example.

Edit: @paisleywookiee if your question was "how do I export a file so I can share it without using ToneNet," you need to load your ToneModel and save it as a preset first. Then change the browser to Preset view, right-click the name of the preset in the browser, and choose Export.

For anyone using the app, this is ToneX UI 101. You need to know these 3 things:
tonex ui.png

Last edited:
When I open Tonex, none of the captures I saved locally on my PC are visible until I open then close ToneNet.

Also, and this is driving me nuts, I have IK stuff on two different PCs. I can open IK Product Manager on my first PC, but I get an "incorrect username/password" message on my second one, while using the same exact username and password.

The software and product are pretty cool but there is a lot of weirdness that happens that seems like it should be easy to fix.

I think the main reason people get so confused is that there's very little to visually differentiate between when you're browsing models on ToneNet vs. browsing things locally, other than the orange vs. gray text of the ToneNet button in the top-right.

It would probably be a lot more intuitive for people if they colored the background differently for the ToneNet listings vs. local files, for example.

Edit: @paisleywookiee if your question was "how do I export a file so I can share it without using ToneNet," you need to load your ToneModel and save it as a preset first. Then change the browser to Preset view, right-click the name of the preset in the browser, and choose Export.

For anyone using the app, this is ToneX UI 101. You need to know these 3 things:
View attachment 8624
Thanks
I only have the free Tonex custom shop version ,
and been unhappy having a difficult time with it due to my inability to navigate through the software.
So far I think I’ve only downloaded 2 tone models or captures or 🤷🏻
Hmmmm honestly I don’t know what I’ve downloaded lol.
Being a cheapskate the price of the Tonex pedal is appealing but I’m not sure if it would become easier to navigate with the full software version.

Thanks
I only have the free Tonex custom shop version ,
and been unhappy having a difficult time with it due to my inability to navigate through the software.
So far I think I’ve only downloaded 2 tone models or captures or 🤷🏻
Hmmmm honestly I don’t know what I’ve downloaded lol.
Being a cheapskate the price of the Tonex pedal is appealing but I’m not sure if it would become easier to navigate with the full software version.

I downloaded ToneX and ended up deleteing it. AT5 has so much and so many good models that I found no need for ToneX software. My one gripe with AT5 is not being able to use the cabs I customize with other things like Native and such. TBH all their stuff reminds me of the days of Packard Bell PC's. 100% proprietary technology. Ok they weren't 100% proprietary if you knew what you were doing but to the general public they were.

I downloaded ToneX and ended up deleteing it. AT5 has so much and so many good models that I found no need for ToneX software. My one gripe with AT5 is not being able to use the cabs I customize with other things like Native and such. TBH all their stuff reminds me of the days of Packard Bell PC's. 100% proprietary technology. Ok they weren't 100% proprietary if you knew what you were doing but to the general public they were.
I also have AT5 but it’s the Custom Shop free version.
I haven’t really tried using it yet though being as limited as the version appears.

As far as IR’s
I’m still in the “what are they” phase 😳
I have a general idea , but am afraid of being sucked into tinkering with things that will take away from my limited practice time 😂😂😂

View attachment 8627
@Stone
So many of you here as well as my buddy Mike are so damned good at capturing or creating tones .
I’m like
View attachment 8628

One general rule that I go by is avoiding extreme settings on most modelers. Be it Line 6 or Boss or what have you. Things like turning your amp eq's all the way up etc etc. Especially Boss though. I know in the big picture it's not a big deal but I have over 5k downloads of my patches so I must be doing something right. I don't market them or sell them though.

One general rule that I go by is avoiding extreme settings on most modelers. Be it Line 6 or Boss or what have you. Things like turning your amp eq's all the way up etc etc. Especially Boss though. I know in the big picture it's not a big deal but I have over 5k downloads of my patches so I must be doing something right. I don't market them or sell them though.
Kanye West Celebrity GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Very very cool of you to share patches without monetizing them 👍

Very very cool of you to share patches without monetizing them 👍

I thought about it. I run the largest Boss GX-100 group on facebook and could probably make some extra cash on the side BUT I don't feel like I am some wizard with the GX-100. I can't create something that people can't do for themselves already. Plus I think the whole selling patches thing is ridiculous so I'd be a hypocrite to turn around and do it myself.

I think charging for captures is fine, but presets is IMO bullshit. I guess it’s a fine line, but when it’s something I could do myself by just fiddling, I don’t see the need to spend money on it.

IMO selling presets is fine. Sure, you can create them yourself but not everyone has the knowhow to figure things out, people just want to pick a preset they like and play rather than painstakingly tweak things. I think that's a lot of the value of e.g NeuralDSP plugins over some others.

If it takes a good amount of effort to make, it's probably worth selling.

Back